Best Softball Bats Tell or ask about the best slow pitch softball bats.

Need help with a 2013 bat single or double wall?

This is a discussion on Need help with a 2013 bat single or double wall? within the Best Softball Bats forums, part of the General Slowpitch Softball Forum category!
i have a dilemma. ive been using double wall meral bats for a while. barrell has to be metal in ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2013, 06:10 AM   #1 (permalink)

Name: Gary
Default Need help with a 2013 bat single or double wall?

i have a dilemma. ive been using double wall meral bats for a while. barrell has to be metal in my lg. ive had the Demarini f3 and f4. great bats. i hit the ball extremely hard been told the ball knuckles off my bat. ive been swinging a 30 oz bat. im thinking this year i want to go lower weight and generator even more bat speed so i can crush the ball more consistently. i felt like last yr with my f4 i kept saying damn just missed it etc. im thinking of dropping to a 26 or a 27. i would think an endloaded bat is best since im going for power. Should i go single wall with a white steel or raw steel or go another double wall with an SF5? will i get less distance with a single wall then a double wall. i want to just be more consistent heavy hitter wheter its a screMing line drive or a home run. thanks for your help.

allstr921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
On The Team

Name: Ken

Really need to try an end loaded bat first, the whole purpose of end loading a bat was to make it equivalent to a heavier bat. I usually swing 30's but I have hit much lighter bats that are end loaded and still happy with the way they swing.

Steels aren't typical single walls, they are very hot but so is a broken in double wall. Kelly's has f375's for cheap, they are an end loaded double wall. Try a 26 and see how you like it. Hands to the ball, snap the head through the ball, and the end load will make it fly.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

34/30 Club

Repping gloves in NorCal
chrometip78 is offline   Reply With Quote