Best Softball Bats Tell or ask about the best slow pitch softball bats.

Need Help; Bat advice

This is a discussion on Need Help; Bat advice within the Best Softball Bats forums, part of the General Slowpitch Softball Forum category!
Alright, so I've already done a lot of research on this site because I didn't want to start a thread ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2013, 03:47 PM   #1 (permalink)

Name: Dave
Exclamation Need Help; Bat advice

Alright, so I've already done a lot of research on this site because I didn't want to start a thread about something that someone else already answered. But after hours of searching I'm still not totally confident with my results. So just as a precaution I am starting this.

I need an endloaded bat and a balanced bat. I play in an ASA league.

Currently I've heard good things about these bats for endloaded:

-Combat Derby Boys 427
I haven't read anything bad about this bat, but I am just nervous with the brand being a Combat. I've never really heard of them being a good brand but I am new to the softball world(a couple years in slowpitch)

-Worth Mutant 454 (2014)
This was suggested to me on this forum, but reading on sites to purchase the bat, it seemed that the bat broke rather quickly(less than 100 at bats) and I would like to have something more durable than that.

As far as a good balanced bat go, I think that the Worth Mayhem BJ Fulk is where I'm going to go, I've seen many good things posted by many different people. If you agree/disagree please let me know and/or suggest a different option. Thanks in advance.

dklinko3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
On The Team

Name: CB

The type of ASA ball you use will have a lot to do with what ASA bat you pick. Only use the new asa rated balls with the new asa rated bats.

DB427 is about the best endloaded bat you can get IMO both asa & utrip wise. Will launch balls out of the wrapper…sweet spot is huge for a short barrel & pop is crazy. Swings like a sledgehammer, but distance isn’t quite as far as the endload eastons. Also the worth filthy line is good (even though its midload). My utrip filthy 120 is right there with the db427 in launching power.

Hard to go wrong with a bj fulk for the money, but there are better balanced bats out there. Easton SP13B3 is one of them also the Miken 750x line would be worth a look.

I wasn’t really happy with my mutant 454 utrip durability wise even though it had a good sweetspot & good distance. I don’t know if the asa version is any better. Hopefully the asa guys can give more insight. I only play asa occasionally.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:58 PM   #3 (permalink)

Name: Dave

Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
The type of ASA ball you use will have a lot to do with what ASA bat you pick. Only use the new asa rated balls with the new asa rated bats.

DB427 is about the best endloaded bat you can get IMO both asa & utrip wise. Will launch balls out of the wrapper…sweet spot is huge for a short barrel & pop is crazy. Swings like a sledgehammer, but distance isn’t quite as far as the endload eastons. Also the worth filthy line is good (even though its midload). My utrip filthy 120 is right there with the db427 in launching power.

Hard to go wrong with a bj fulk for the money, but there are better balanced bats out there. Easton SP13B3 is one of them also the Miken 750x line would be worth a look.

I wasn’t really happy with my mutant 454 utrip durability wise even though it had a good sweetspot & good distance. I don’t know if the asa version is any better. Hopefully the asa guys can give more insight. I only play asa occasionally.

We use .44 core. As far as the DB427, is that only for the 2013 version or for the 2014 as well. I ask because I'm trying to find a 2013 version in 28 oz and struggling to find one. Update: Nevermind I was looking at usssa and asa and that's why I thought they were different. I ordered the DB427 ASA and got it for $199.00 thanks again.

I will look into the other balanced bats you suggested.

Last edited by dklinko3; 05-16-2013 at 06:09 PM.
dklinko3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
hb2
Mod'ing aint Easy

Name: Jay

.44 core balls look at bats from 2012 and before. 2013's and newer will break faster. I suggest a recoil max load and an Easton stealth
hb2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
asa, best bat, mutant, power, what is