Best Softball Bats Tell or ask about the best slow pitch softball bats.

Need a bat under $200

This is a discussion on Need a bat under $200 within the Best Softball Bats forums, part of the General Slowpitch Softball Forum category!
Hey guys, A buddy of mine and I put together our team and said we would each buy a bat. ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By chancechatman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2012, 06:57 PM   #1 (permalink)

Name: Drew
Default Need a bat under $200

Hey guys,

A buddy of mine and I put together our team and said we would each buy a bat. He bought the Salvo a day before I was going to pull the trigger, and I don't really think it makes sense to have two of the same bat.

Anyway, I've narrowed it down to two bats:

- Easton SCN20Bw Synergy Trizone Brian Wegman Edition ($150 on Amazon)
- Easton SCX2 Synergy (Under $100 on Amazon)

Between the two, is one significantly better than the other? The Synergy is the re-release, and it seems like there's not much love for that.

Also, any other bats in this range I completely missed? Our league plays by USSSA rules.

Thanks for the help!

godawgs50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
OG SFZ Member

Name: chance

honestly bro id cruise craigslist or the for sale forums here. you can get just about any used bat for under 200 and alot of new bats even with the new stamp for 200. just check around with some of the vendors here and some of the sites that sell softball stuff..
if i was going to buy a bat for just the rest of this year id find a z1000 you can get them endloaded or balanced and they get hot fast and stay hot and are way under 200 brand new with warranty. just my .02
oppo likes this.
chancechatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Star Player

Name: Me

Just be aware that all the old stamp bats will be banned as of the first of the year. Only bats with the new stamp will be allowed. The SCX2 is an old stamp bat. There are lots of fire hot used old stamp bats available for way under 200 if you don't mind only using it for a few months. I can't give you a comparison of the new stamp bats but I assume they will be pretty close in performance and the main thing will be finding what fits your swing. If you can tell us what bats you have used and liked, I am sure some of the guys here can tell you what would be comparable.
oppo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Star Player

Name: Me

Also, if you get a bat like the Salvo that is ASA approved, you will be leaving some performance on the table as ASA's performance testing is stricter and doesn't allow bats to be as hot.
oppo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 12:45 AM   #5 (permalink)
hb2
Mod'ing aint Easy

Name: Jay

Almost any easton or miken will do since this sounds like a team bat
hb2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bats