Best Softball Bats Tell or ask about the best slow pitch softball bats.

Looking to pickup another bat for 2013

This is a discussion on Looking to pickup another bat for 2013 within the Best Softball Bats forums, part of the General Slowpitch Softball Forum category!
Hey guys. Im new around here, found the site through Google, looked like a good jumping off point. In short, ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2013, 04:48 AM   #1 (permalink)

Name: Robert Fazio
Default Looking to pickup another bat for 2013

Hey guys. Im new around here, found the site through Google, looked like a good jumping off point.

In short, Im looking to pickup a second bat for 2013. Looking to swing a 29 or 30z, balanced or end loaded, doesnt matter a ton as long as the reviews are good. (I should mention I dont really know a ton about softball bats, Im just entering my third season now, played baseball from age 3-21 )

Couple seasons ago I swung a teammates Helmer. Liked it a lot, hit some absolute bombs with it. This past season I picked up a 2012 Stadium s-one for myself, 28oz. At first I didn't like it all that much, I was hitting absolutely everything off the wall that I was used to hitting out....but then it finally broke in, and Im not sure Ive ever liked a bat as much as I do this one. Was a little surprised, it took between 150-200 swings to break in, but I had read they are pretty hot out of the wrapper...who knows? Im a new guy around here... However, I do know that the DeMarini's don't have a rep for having a long lifespan, like say, the Eastons. So Im starting to shop now in anticipation.

A little about my "style"..Im a 6'2", 250 power hitter. Long arms and quick hands. Not sure how much that'll change anyone's suggestions, but I though it worth mentioning.

If anyone can point me in a good starting direction, Id appreciate it, thanks!

Faz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:30 AM   #2 (permalink)

Name: Justin

I Am 6' and 265, I swing a 30 oz helmer synergy speed for asa and a east on synergy trizone 30 oz for usssa. I also have a bj fulk 28 oz mayhem for as a as a back up. The z2000 is insane out of the wrapper too
Dragon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:32 PM   #3 (permalink)

Originally Posted by Dragon13 View Post
I Am 6' and 265, I swing a 30 oz helmer synergy speed for asa and a east on synergy trizone 30 oz for usssa. I also have a bj fulk 28 oz mayhem for as a as a back up. The z2000 is insane out of the wrapper too
heh a lot of signs have been pointing to a Helmer. Forgot to mention I swung another teammates Synergy until I got my Stadium, loved that bat too...beautiful sound off the bat. Another guy that filled in for us a few times that plays in a lot of big tourneys brought a z2000, I never swung it, but he talked about it like it was one of the only bats worth swinging. I think Im gonna have to get my hands on some of these bats and tryem out.

Also, could you point me in the direction to "cheap" bats? Not looking for like super used, or defective bats obviously, but if I can pay a little less than what Easton would charge directly, that'd be nice.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
Star Player

Name: Me

Hot out of the wrapper is a relative term. All composites will get hotter after they get used more. There are lots good choices. The biggest thing is to find a bat that "fits your swing". In other words, weight, endload, and sweet spot location.

" Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest"
-Mahatma Ghandi
oppo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:03 PM   #5 (permalink)

Name: Kent

Sounds like you are playing Utrip so Stadium 2 or an end loaded Z2000 IMO. New Easton's are hot but only last about 100 hits if you hit the ball hard at all from what I've seen. ASA, if your league has went to .52 core balls get a Demarini J3A.

And like oppo said it's about what works best for you. I hit best with an endloaded stick with some handle flex like the RD28 or J3A, I hate a real stiff barrel and handle.
tobenamedlater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:22 PM   #6 (permalink)

Name: Tommy

id stay away from easton. if you go to the easton sectoin you can read a couple nightmare stories about the customer service
Ipull2right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:14 PM   #7 (permalink)

Originally Posted by tobenamedlater View Post
Sounds like you are playing Utrip so Stadium 2 or an end loaded Z2000 IMO. New Easton's are hot but only last about 100 hits if you hit the ball hard at all from what I've seen. ASA, if your league has went to .52 core balls get a Demarini J3A.

And like oppo said it's about what works best for you. I hit best with an endloaded stick with some handle flex like the RD28 or J3A, I hate a real stiff barrel and handle.

I do seem to hit best with endloaded bats because Im a big guy. I dont know much about the J3A, but the reason I actually went with the Stadium is because Im friends with someone that works for them. His cubicle is actually next to Chris Larsens, and Larsen advised me to get the Stadium...lol I had to listen to him..Maybe Ill ask him/them about the J3A? It would be nice to stick to one brand across the board.. (I have the DeMarini bag, and Wilson A2000 first base mitt, also)

Its funny, all Ive heard of Easton customer service was good things. I swung Easton for almost 20 years of baseball and never looked back. Fell in love with their two piece bats. Had really great experiences with customer service (free replacements, etc). Maybe I will stay DeMarini. Especially while I have a connection..lol
Old 01-10-2013, 11:31 PM   #8 (permalink)

Name: Justin

They replaced a no return helmet for me twice. I have never had a problem
Dragon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:37 AM   #9 (permalink)

Originally Posted by Dragon13 View Post
They replaced a no return helmet for me twice. I have never had a problem
Yea IDK, I guess there were some unlucky people.

Also, Im liking what Im seeing about the Cartel 2, might try to snag one of those.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:26 PM   #10 (permalink)
On The Team

Name: Ken

The old ways of Easton, LS, and Miken being tanks are long gone. They are a little fragile now. The stadium2 is pretty durable and the blackout. Can get a 30oz st100 at cheapbats.com for a hundo but I'd stick with the Stadium2 personally. It's what I have for a new stamper and we're similar in size.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

34/30 Club

Repping gloves in NorCal
chrometip78 is offline   Reply With Quote