Best Softball Bats Tell or ask about the best slow pitch softball bats.

Looking for a new bat...

This is a discussion on Looking for a new bat... within the Best Softball Bats forums, part of the General Slowpitch Softball Forum category!
I am currently using an Easton Synergy 26oz 34 inch in an ASA league. I am a left hander with ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2013, 09:24 PM   #1 (permalink)

Name: MJ
Default Looking for a new bat...

I am currently using an Easton Synergy 26oz 34 inch in an ASA league. I am a left hander with good bat speed but average strength. This is a good bat for hitting line drives but when I get into one I only have warning track power. Looking for a bat that will get me that extra 20 feet. Considering the DeMarini Fu-Dawg. Good choice or does anyone have a better option?

mj0052 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 09:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
OG SFZ Member

Name: B

Which Synergy is it? If it is a Flex, just work on your mechanics. Some of these new bats could give you that extra feet, but maybe not.
Some people swear by the light bats, but I could never get the same distance as I do with heavier sticks.
Stork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 09:50 PM   #3 (permalink)

My apologies, my bat is a "stealth" not a synergy. Thanks for your reply. I don't believe my mechanics are the problem. I have a good average and consistently hit the ball hard, I would just like to be able to hit it out when I get a pitch that allows me.
Old 06-17-2013, 04:11 PM   #4 (permalink)

Name: Mike

What balls are you hitting? Which Stealth do you have? Do you prefer 12" or 13" barrel or balanced or endloaded?

The Fu-Dawg is a 2 piece, endloaded, 13" barrel and stiff feeling. Takes some cuts to break in, but durable as far as newer bats go.

My gamer is an Easton S1, which is the predecessor to the B3 (the newest Stealth). 13" barrel, balanced. Mine started getting good at about 30 swings, but is considerably better out of the wrapper than the older bats. Durability is an issue with these bats if you are hitting anything harder than a 52/300. After taking some game swings on 47/525's mine is showing the start of a spiral.

If you like a 12" barrel and a softer feel in a 2 piece bat you may want to consider a Demarini J3A. Once again it depends on what you like and what you are hitting. If you are hitting the harder balls I'm not sure you will see a huge performance difference from a well broken in OG.
Brtisbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 04:17 PM   #5 (permalink)

Name: Phillip

what part of the warning track
Snowblind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 01:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
hb2
Mod'ing aint Easy

Name: Jay

Wtf?
hb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 12:55 PM   #7 (permalink)

Brtisbuck, thanks for your reply. I am using 44 cor balls. My bat is a 2011 Easton Stealth Speed XL SSR4 26 oz that has a 13.5 barrel (which I prefer). I have always used a balanced bat, never tried an end load.
Old 07-02-2013, 07:50 AM   #8 (permalink)

Name: Phillip

Originally Posted by hb2 View Post
Wtf?
the fields i play on currently are

diamond 14 baseball/softball is 315' left 330 center 297 to right - lights

Diamond 17 baseball/softball is 315 left 360 center 315 to right - lights

diamond 22-28 no fence no lights no concession they do have a couple of porta johns tho.
Snowblind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:59 AM   #9 (permalink)

Name: Mike

Originally Posted by mj0052 View Post
Brtisbuck, thanks for your reply. I am using 44 cor balls. My bat is a 2011 Easton Stealth Speed XL SSR4 26 oz that has a 13.5 barrel (which I prefer). I have always used a balanced bat, never tried an end load.
If you chose to go with a newer bat I'm not sure you would see a performance increase or not depending on how broken in your SSR4 is against those balls.

Let me correct myself and say the Fu-Dawg is mid-load. After some work, mine is starting to open up and pay dividends. It will swing heavier than say a balanced Easton and will be more durable than the new ASA only Eastons. My 28 oz Fu weighs 27.4 without the grip.

If you have solid mechanics maybe you want to try going an once heavier if you can control it. If you can maintain control and speed the extra mass equals more umph.
Brtisbuck is offline   Reply With Quote