Best Softball Bats Tell or ask about the best slow pitch softball bats.

Little Help with bat choices

This is a discussion on Little Help with bat choices within the Best Softball Bats forums, part of the General Slowpitch Softball Forum category!
Hey all, After moving to Denver a few months a go and joining a few teams, I'm considering two bats ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By oppo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2013, 11:14 PM   #1 (permalink)

Name: Rob
Default Little Help with bat choices

Hey all,

After moving to Denver a few months a go and joining a few teams, I'm considering two bats to purchase and wanted folks thoughts - please feel free to chime in with other bat suggestions that you've had experience with - i'm willing to expand my options.

1. DB427
2. Louisville Slugger z2k

League Info: ASA as well as a church league that follows asa with a dozen or so specific bats outlawed. (not the two above)

Player Info: 6'8" 240lbs 25yrs old; been playing semi competitive church league ball for about 11 years. I tend to mix and match hitting deep and hard middle-outfield line drives.

As far as end loaded vs. balanced I've mostly swung balanced, but the last few games hit with some end loaded bats that were slightly lighter and really enjoyed them - so thoughts on end loaded vs balanced with the specific bats would be great too.

Thanks all,

Rob

rmelick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 02:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
OG SFZ Member

Name: B

Welcome. If you have swung those and liked em, you can't go wrong with either. You really have to go with what is comfortable. Lots of choices with very minimal difference in the big picture. Check reviews for durability on certain bats and go with what is comfortable.
Stork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 02:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
hb2
Mod'ing aint Easy

Name: Jay

Either will be a good choice
hb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 03:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
On The Team

Name: CB

I can vouch for the db427 asa & utrip wise. I would limit team usage though. The worth filthy asa is nice as well. Depends on what your most comfortable with & what balls your using. Both are good choices you listed.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 03:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Star Player

Name: Me

The only one of those I have swung was an endloaded Z2K and it is definitely gtg. I was never a big fan of endload but with the lower compression balls being used now, I am changing my mind on that.
smarkley3 likes this.

" Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest"
-Mahatma Ghandi
oppo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 05:58 AM   #6 (permalink)
SFZ Supporting Vendor

Name: Smarkley

[QUOTE=oppo;456291]The only one of those I have swung was an endloaded Z2K and it is definitely gtg. I was never a big fan of endload but with the lower compression balls being used now, I am changing my mind on thIt has been suggested to me that balanced bats would serve me better but the way I swing (opo, inside out) the EL seems to work. Have hit some new ASA bats and they are nice including DB ASA and Balanced Ultra new ASA. I am wondering about durabilty, not that I would break them but some of my team mates dont have there ownn bats so...
My Andersons seem to hang well, LOL. Ur a bog boy though. Not seen the lower compression balls yet, waiting with my RocketFlex for them and the dog days of summer.......
smarkley3 is offline   Reply With Quote