Best Softball Bats Tell or ask about the best slow pitch softball bats.

Future of USSSA bats thanks to the cheats

This is a discussion on Future of USSSA bats thanks to the cheats within the Best Softball Bats forums, part of the General Slowpitch Softball Forum category!
The rumor around here in Illinois is that USSSA is going to place an all out ban on any previously ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2011, 09:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Star Player

Name: Tom
Default Future of USSSA bats thanks to the cheats

The rumor around here in Illinois is that USSSA is going to place an all out ban on any previously yeared bats and start all over with only allowing bats that are perhaps one piece to where you cant pull the endcap off and shave them. Does anyone have any input on the truths and myths to this rumor and what are your feelings/opinions towards doing this.

I for one like the idea of keeping guys from cheating. It may save a pitchers life (like mine LoL). Funny thing is I had this arguement with a really good power hitter and he said he didnt mind the shaved bats. I say if your a true power hitter and this happened it would be largely awesome. Would it not bring the value of the power hitter up immensely? If you argue this move then your a WTP guy and you stand exposed I would think. I believe its all about value. What say you?

AVALANCHE#50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 09:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Name: Andy

the topic has been discussed a lot, i think a lot is still up in the air. some of the guys here i'm sure can chime in.
BIRDMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 09:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
OG SFZ Member

Name: Anthony

come 2013 if im not mistaken. all bats to be legal will have to have the new utrip stamp on them. All other bats at that point will be illegal. that is my understanding.
meskin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 09:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
Leading Off

Name: Bud

Originally Posted by meskin24 View Post
come 2013 if im not mistaken. all bats to be legal will have to have the new utrip stamp on them. All other bats at that point will be illegal. that is my understanding.
Just to add on to this. All bats produced for 2012 will have a new utrip stamp. In 2012 all bats with either utrip stamp will be legal. Then supposedly (as posted by usssa) Jan 1 2013 all bats with the old stamp will become obsolete.
Fudbelty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 09:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
OG SFZ Member

Name: Anthony

I didnt know the xtra part to that. Cool. I need to see if I can get one of those new XL's to take some BP with
meskin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 10:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
Star Player

Reason I bring it up is my favorite bat is the Louisville catalyst sb105 original (2005). I almost made an offering on a brand new one but then thought twice cause of this topics reason. I think it to be wise to hold tight on purchasing anything new cause It may only be good for one year and thats it.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
OG SFZ Member

Name: Andy

What I wanna know is how "tamper-proof" the endcaps are... the pics of the new worths would suggest that the endcaps have not changed one bit. And I don't understand why they're keeping this crap as secret as UFOs. If they're confident that tamper-proofing a bat will eliminate cheating, why wont they just come out and say what they're gonna do?

That said, I wouldn't give two shits if composites were banned all together.
Frisco Kid, Stork and OTech like this.
murc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 10:42 PM   #8 (permalink)
OG SFZ Member

Name: B

Originally Posted by murc View Post
What I wanna know is how "tamper-proof" the endcaps are... the pics of the new worths would suggest that the endcaps have not changed one bit. And I don't understand why they're keeping this crap as secret as UFOs. If they're confident that tamper-proofing a bat will eliminate cheating, why wont they just come out and say what they're gonna do?

That said, I wouldn't give two shits if composites were banned all together.
I wouldn't either. Maybe a little bummed as I finally have the OG CNT+ I coveted. Started with metal, I could end with metal. Level things off a lil.
Stork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 10:47 PM   #9 (permalink)
Star Player

Many guys will complain but to me good or bad, as long as its the same for everyone, it is just. Its just like a bad umpire, I never bitch at them too bad because 9 times outta 10 they are equally bad for both teams no doubt.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
OG SFZ Member

Name: Justin

Since the endcaps seem to be the same, it was theorized that the new bats, if shaved, would break very soon after. Didn't come from anyone in the know, however. I'm confused as to how it works in correlation with ASA bats. Are bats going to be approved for the 2 associations individually? If not, cheaters could just shave ASA bats to use in usssa.
OTech is offline   Reply With Quote