Best Softball Bats Tell or ask about the best slow pitch softball bats.

easton L1.0 vs. L8.0 help

This is a discussion on easton L1.0 vs. L8.0 help within the Best Softball Bats forums, part of the General Slowpitch Softball Forum category!
I'm looking at getting my first real good bat. I've only been playing two years and haven't swung very many ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2014, 02:10 PM   #1 (permalink)

Name: Gage Zimmerman
Default easton L1.0 vs. L8.0 help

I'm looking at getting my first real good bat. I've only been playing two years and haven't swung very many different bats I do have a demarini bruiser 28oz. I'm a big guy at 6' 200 lbs so I know I want an end loaded bat. I'm looking at either the easton L1.0 or L8.0 I know the 1.0 is two piece composite and the 8.0 is one piece aluminum with composite core I was told the 8.0 would last longer but the 1.0 would give more pop any suggestions or ideas on alternatives would be greatly appreciated

Gage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 01:45 AM   #2 (permalink)
OG SFZ Member

Name: B

L1 is a good choice. They are still pretty durable as well.
Stork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 06:40 PM   #3 (permalink)

Name: Clint

I have the L5, which is the same composite barrel as the L1. I have over 2500 swings on mine and it still has tons of life left. If you're looking at easton, get the L5, it's the same as the L1/L2 barrel but the handle is the same composite as the barrel where the L1/L2 are a different carbon handle. The L5 is also about half the price... If you want a real bargain, pick up last year's model's, they're identical, just a different color.
DocB04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 07:28 PM   #4 (permalink)

Now the only reason why I didn't mention the l5.0 was because I've heard of problems with then end caps and problems with rattling in the white/black. Do you know if they fixed that in the red and black ones
Old 05-05-2014, 02:26 AM   #5 (permalink)

My Easton rep told me it was the exact same bat with a new paint job. Judging by the info on the Easton web site, he's right. Now that being said, I haven't heard of any of those issues nor have I had them. Guys on my team have every model of composite Easton, I haven't heard of one problem with them. The only thing I don't like about mine is that it took so long to break in. However, the thing is a freaking tank. I've hit with it every week since last July, including weather in the low 30's.
Old 05-05-2014, 04:39 PM   #6 (permalink)

How long did it take to break in
Old 05-06-2014, 02:04 AM   #7 (permalink)

After about 5-600 hits it was good enough to use in games.