Best Softball Bats Tell or ask about the best slow pitch softball bats.

Advice on single-wall bats?

This is a discussion on Advice on single-wall bats? within the Best Softball Bats forums, part of the General Slowpitch Softball Forum category!
Ever use one? Noob....

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2015, 08:51 PM   #11 (permalink)
hb2
Mod'ing aint Easy

Name: Jay

Ever use one? Noob.

hb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 11:50 AM   #12 (permalink)

Name: JD

Yes and I liked it. It's about the only bat that gets used at the one league that I used to play in before I moved
gooseman07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 02:53 PM   #13 (permalink)

Name: D J

Originally Posted by gooseman07 View Post
Yes and I liked it. It's about the only bat that gets used at the one league that I used to play in before I moved
Oh God!!!!! Sure glad you moved.
So did it get used, because no one saw anyothers on the rack at the local sporting goods store, or was it used because it was the only ASA bat not bought at K-Mart?
Not trying to be a dick, but the UW is a 40 dollar bat for a reason. Sad but true.
oilslick58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 04:38 PM   #14 (permalink)

There were like 6 of them on the rack. I've only ever seen it online and the cheapest I've seen it is $85. My brother in law would hit bombs with it.
Old 02-23-2015, 05:03 PM   #15 (permalink)

Name: Duane

I had a teammate who bought one a few years ago, and hit well with it, but he could go deep with about anything. He bought it in July or August, used it for a few games, then used it in a snowball tournament in January. Practically folded over on itself. He should have known better than using a metal Demarini in the cold. For the $$, they hit fairly well, but have very limited durability even in warm weather.
Old 02-23-2015, 06:02 PM   #16 (permalink)

I never realized they broke so easily.
Old 02-24-2015, 12:23 AM   #17 (permalink)

Just saw a UW for sale at menards. It's the C405 alloy. The new one is the SC4 alloy. I guess, why do they keep making them and have been for such a long time if they are SO bad?
Old 02-24-2015, 01:59 AM   #18 (permalink)

They keep making them because there's always a market for bats in that price range.

Back up and consider where you're posting. This is a forum for softball enthusiasts. While the guys here aren't "bat snobs", some of them try/use/own a lot more bats than the average player, and as a result have different opinions as to what a good bat is.
Old 02-24-2015, 01:13 PM   #19 (permalink)

Default Advice on single-wall bats?

Thank you for your insight. I have a used a few different bats and know what I like as far as weight and balance goes. I was trying to get the insight from those select few "bat snobs" as to why these bats are not good.

So what would be your pick for that price point in a single wall aluminum bat? That's all I will have to spend when the time comes to buy one.

Thanks again

Last edited by gooseman07; 02-24-2015 at 03:47 PM.
Old 02-24-2015, 08:59 PM   #20 (permalink)

I'm afraid I can't be much help. I've been using Worth Supercells (C405 alloy, NOT the "high performance alloy) for years because they were weighted like I like them, and I could afford them ($30-50 used), but they're old enough they don't have association "approved" stamps on them. They are on the ASA approved bat list even though they don't have the stamp. Not sure about the other associations. Some of the Supercells do have the ASA 2000 stamp, but mine are older - or at least the ones I use. I might have a couple with the ASA stamp. I took the plunge into composites last August and that's what I plan to use this year. I never considered another bat until then. They're still probably as good as my composites at this point for the way I hit.

Check out this thread for some $100 composite bat suggestions. Got $99 Problemz Up until recently, $100 was more than I could afford to pay for a bat, so don't feel like you're alone. Several of my teammates have just figured out the cheap bats they've been using aren't cutting it. There's a thread here somewhere about the best single wall bats. Look it over too.