Northeast CT, MA, RI, VT, NH, ME, PA, NJ, NY, MD, DE

Smithtown 2010

This is a discussion on Smithtown 2010 within the Northeast forums, part of the Softball Regional Forums category!
New Rule in Smithtown this year..... If you get caught using illegal equipment, the game is an automatic forfeit !! ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2010, 12:35 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Smithtown 2010

New Rule in Smithtown this year.....

If you get caught using illegal equipment, the game is an automatic forfeit !! We found this out last night...

Didn't know this until we challenged a bat....We just wanted the out and the bat removed from game not a forfeit !! Totally SUCKED

In the second game I see the team using a Mizuno Envy...I walked over to their bench and told them to put the bat away otherwise it will another forfeit....

It turns out these guys had NO clue about bats....The didn't know the difference between a single wall, double wall, half/half & composite.....

LIHITMAN23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 12:42 PM   #2 (permalink)

Name: James

Originally Posted by LIHITMAN23 View Post
New Rule in Smithtown this year.....

If you get caught using illegal equipment, the game is an automatic forfeit !! We found this out last night...

Didn't know this until we challenged a bat....We just wanted the out and the bat removed from game not a forfeit !! Totally SUCKED

In the second game I see the team using a Mizuno Envy...I walked over to their bench and told them to put the bat away otherwise it will another forfeit....

It turns out these guys had NO clue about bats....The didn't know the difference between a single wall, double wall, half/half & composite.....
That was the rule last year, just ask the Bingers. They forfeited a game because the grafics had worn off one of their PST's!

http://www.leaguelineup.com/welcome....elex_stallions

http://www.globalrec.net
Denelex44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 12:44 PM   #3 (permalink)

Originally Posted by Denelex44 View Post
That was the rule last year, just ask the Bingers. They forfeited a game because the grafics had worn off one of their PST's!
Really....guess I should have read the paperwork !! HAHA
Old 05-06-2010, 12:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
SFZ Addict

Name: Jerry

That's ridiculous... what a stupid rule... just gives the umps an excuse to get paid and end the game early... if you want to forfeit games for using juiced bats then awesome, not sure how you can prove it on the spot but whatever, if I was the opposing manager I would be pissed, you pay to play.
PrimeTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 12:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
Leading Off

Name: Mike

It actually just happened to the guy who co-manages my FD team with me. He plays in the over 40 and had bought a new demarini white steel (with a maroon barrell, strange, yes). Apparently the handle is part composite, so even though it's a single wall bat it's illegal and they ended the game right there.
Old 05-06-2010, 01:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
SFZ Addict

Name: Jerry

Originally Posted by binger19 View Post
It actually just happened to the guy who co-manages my FD team with me. He plays in the over 40 and had bought a new demarini white steel (with a maroon barrell, strange, yes). Apparently the handle is part composite, so even though it's a single wall bat it's illegal and they ended the game right there.
There's honest mistakes and there's cheating, I think most umpires can tell the difference... even Greg
PrimeTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 01:27 PM   #7 (permalink)

Name: James

Originally Posted by PrimeTime View Post
That's ridiculous... what a stupid rule... just gives the umps an excuse to get paid and end the game early...
In Smithtown they already get paid to do nothing. By having the mat half their job is done for them. What's scary is I've still seen them make mistakes.

One time the ball landed right square in the middle of the mat, perfect pitch. The ump called it a ball which would have given my teammate a walk. He actually looked back at the ump and said "are you kidding me that was a perfect pitch" and he stayed in the batters box and refused to accept the walk. It was hilarious.

http://www.leaguelineup.com/welcome....elex_stallions

http://www.globalrec.net
Denelex44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 01:28 PM   #8 (permalink)

Originally Posted by PrimeTime View Post
There's honest mistakes and there's cheating, I think most umpires can tell the difference... even Greg
Agreed....and after speaking with the other team I realized they had no clue about bats at all...

We asked if the bat could be taken out of play and just continue the game but the one ump wasn't having it

The umpire was just happy to get a freebie !!
Old 05-06-2010, 01:29 PM   #9 (permalink)
JRo

we played a team last year who was terrible on thursday nights and they were using a freak and we were like uhhhh okay...but they sucked anyway so they used it in the double header lol the ump had no idea what a freak was
JRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 01:30 PM   #10 (permalink)

So it was a legal stick but because graphics had worn off the game was forfeited ? That is total BS !!