The Glove Forum Defense is a big part of the game, discuss and review fielding gloves here!

Best Way to Cover A Name

This is a discussion on Best Way to Cover A Name within the The Glove Forum forums, part of the Softball Equipment category!
I posted this on the other forums and got some good info. Dirty30 gave me the ok on using Shoe ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2012, 06:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
On The Team

Name: Ken
Default Best Way to Cover A Name

I posted this on the other forums and got some good info. Dirty30 gave me the ok on using Shoe Goo to attach a patch to the glove and it worked great. Any other methods of covering/removing a name are welcome.

I picked up a USA HOH that I love but it has dude's name branded on it from who knows when. Local shoe shop said they could sand it but I feel like it would be paper thin afterwards. Would rather put this patch over it. Question is, will ironing it on stick or would this have to go to Kenny to be stitched on?

Shoe shop said there was no way they could stitch anything through that leather...don't think they knew there is a shank between two pieces of leather there.

Feel free to request larger pictures if these do not suffice...
hb2 likes this.

34/30 Club

Repping gloves in NorCal
chrometip78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
hb2
Mod'ing aint Easy

Name: Jay

I did that once too, about the easiest solution
hb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
Star Player

Name: Tom

What's wrong with Gaiser?

Stalking is loafing.
AVALANCHE#50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:06 PM   #4 (permalink)

Name: Kyle

Nice fix! I'm not one to buy used gloves though... I feel breaking in a new glove is a bonding experience so it will just become an extension of your arm... Probably my biggest superstition in the game. lol
hb2 and Dragon13 like this.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
hb2
Mod'ing aint Easy

Name: Jay

it is.... but with some gloves, it takes longer then you want. so buy it slightly used and save some coin
hb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
OG SFZ Member

Name: irishmafia

No place for the flag
irishmafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:30 AM   #7 (permalink)
On The Team

Originally Posted by AVALANCHE#50 View Post
What's wrong with Gaiser?

Stalking is loafing.
I ain't no Gaiser

Originally Posted by KYounglas25 View Post
Nice fix! I'm not one to buy used gloves though... I feel breaking in a new glove is a bonding experience so it will just become an extension of your arm... Probably my biggest superstition in the game. lol
A good quality glove with a relace can be shaped to your preference long as it wasn't too hammered. I like keeping the made in USA's operational, but I'm using Vinci's for game duty now.

Originally Posted by irishmafia View Post
No place for the flag
I think it's the perfect place, right on a made in USA HOH Rawlings.

34/30 Club

Repping gloves in NorCal
Old 12-18-2012, 12:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
OG SFZ Member

Name: irishmafia

Originally Posted by chrometip78 View Post

I think it's the perfect place, right on a made in USA HOH Rawlings.
United States Code, Title 36, Chapter 10:

176. Respect for flag
No disrespect should be shown to the flag of the United States of America; the flag should not be dipped to any person or thing. Regimental colors, State flags, and organization or institutional flags are to be dipped as a mark of honor. (a) The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.
(b) The flag should never touch anything beneath it, such as the ground, the floor, water, or merchandise.
(c) The flag should never be carried flat or horizontally, but always aloft and free.
(d) The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free. Bunting of blue, white, and red, always arranged with the blue above, the white in the middle, and the red below, should be used for covering a speaker's desk, draping the front of the platform, and for decoration in general.
(e) The flag should never be fastened, displayed, used, or stored in such a manner as to permit it to be easily torn, soiled, or damaged in any way.
(f) The flag should never be used as a covering for a ceiling.
(g) The flag should never have placed upon it, nor on any part of it, nor attached to it any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature.
(h) The flag should never be used as a receptacle for receiving, holding, carrying, or delivering anything.
(i) The flag should never be used for advertising purposes in any manner whatsoever. It should not be embroidered on such articles as cushions or handkerchiefs and the like, printed or otherwise impressed on paper napkins or boxes or anything that is designed for temporary use and discard. Advertising signs should not be fastened to a staff or halyard from which the flag is flown.
(j) No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform. However, a flag patch may be affixed to the uniform of military personnel, firemen, policemen, and members of patriotic organizations. The flag represents a living country and is itself considered a living thing. Therefore, the lapel flag pin being a replica, should be worn on the left lapel near the heart.
(k) The flag, when it is in such condition that it is no longer a fitting emblem for display, should be destroyed in a dignified way, preferably by burning.
irishmafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:19 PM   #9 (permalink)
Star Player

Name: Tom

I had a special edition millennium rawlings in 2000 that came with a flag on it in that same exact spot. Someone swiped it on me though :'-(

Stalking is loafing.
AVALANCHE#50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:37 PM   #10 (permalink)
On The Team

Originally Posted by AVALANCHE#50 View Post
I had a special edition millennium rawlings in 2000 that came with a flag on it in that same exact spot. Someone swiped it on me though :'-(

Stalking is loafing.
This^ is what gave me the idea, girl on my coed team has one and I like the pride.

I understand what you're saying irish and I'm not trying to disrespect the flag. I believe your post is listing guidelines to prevent disrespecting the flag. I'd rather disregard a guideline for a little pride than go along like a sheep buying something from another country cause it's cheap and I have the wants.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

34/30 Club

Repping gloves in NorCal