The Softball Swing Clinic - Slow Pitch Softball Hitting In a slump or just starting your softball career? Post here for help with your swing mechanics. This is the place for all your batting practice videos.

Balanced vs Endloaded

This is a discussion on Balanced vs Endloaded within the The Softball Swing Clinic - Slow Pitch Softball Hitting forums, part of the Softball Forums category!
Hey folks, I've been playing softball in mens/coed leagues for about a year and a half now. Started cold having ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2015, 07:30 AM   #1 (permalink)

Name: stephen
Default Balanced vs Endloaded

Hey folks, I've been playing softball in mens/coed leagues for about a year and a half now. Started cold having never played baseball or softball prior to before that time. I was lucky enough to be able to purchase a 2014 DeMarini Flipper Aftermath (ASA, Balanced 26 oz / 34 in), and absolutely love it. I still use it to this day. I had a 2014 Juggernaut as well but I decided to sell it to a friend and keep my Flipper. I have enjoyed it from the day I took it out of the wrapper. I am not a power hitter, I usually get on base every single time due to being able to get solid contact and get it to open spaces. I have been told a balanced bat is the best option for me in that capacity. My question is, if I wanted to start "going for the fences" as they say...should my next bat purchase be end load? Will I still be able to get directional control like I do with my balanced bat? My other question is, should I go with more weight on the bat? I am comfortable with a 26 but is that just too lite? A friend told me its all in the bat swing and not in the weight...But I want to ask for a second opinion. THanks guys!

tbsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 12:33 PM   #2 (permalink)

Name: Fred

The theory has always been to swing the heavier bat that you can swing comfortably. IMO the heavier bat will give you more distance. I have always had two bats, a 27 and a 30. My 30's always outdistance my 27's which is why I gamers are 30 oz end loaded. I use my 27 in BP sessions but always go back to my 30 for games.
PST CLUB MEMBER #1

28.5 oz Ligit ASA HD52 Jeff Hall Reload
28 oz PST98 (BP Bat)(Actual weight 29.2 oz)(BP 22 1/4")
28 oz Worth WS23 (Actual Weight 29.8 oz)
28 oz Worth Black EST (BP 20 3/4") (Actual weight 28.8oz/BP 20 3/8")
27 oz Combat Virus Morphed (Actual wight 27.4 oz)
marlsrsoftball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 09:52 PM   #3 (permalink)

Understood. So if I want to get a little more power/distance, end load would be a viable option for me to try?
Old 10-01-2015, 12:58 AM   #4 (permalink)

Name: Duane

Generally speaking, yes. And I'd go with a heavier bat, too.
Old 10-03-2015, 07:00 AM   #5 (permalink)

Alright, I was thinking about getting the newest DeMarini Juggernaut. Heard some good things. I wanted to get a new Flipper but I've heard it is fragile as hell
Old 10-10-2015, 07:00 PM   #6 (permalink)

Name: Phillip

Things to keep in mind

Bats are like people, some you like right away some grow on you and others are in the whatever/hate area.

Check with your teams see if anyone will let you swing their bats in game, bats feel sound and swing differently. Different materials and manufacturing processes account for this

Age of a bat (use) will also effect feel sound and distance. same model new bat wont be the same as a bat you love that has had a heavy work load put on it.
Snowblind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 01:32 PM   #7 (permalink)

Name: Lee

Niche stuffs! Thanks bro!
Old 05-02-2016, 04:36 PM   #8 (permalink)

Name: Haseeb

Originally Posted by tbsteve View Post
I am not a power hitter, I usually get on base every single time due to being able to get solid contact and get it to open spaces.
If your are not a power hitter than its ideal you grab a balanced bat. Demarini has a few good options for you.
tensoftballdrills is offline   Reply With Quote