Newbie Softball DiscussionZ New to SFZ? Introductions and Newbie Discussions. There is no such thing as a stupid question in this forum.

to share or not to share?

This is a discussion on to share or not to share? within the Newbie Softball DiscussionZ forums, part of the Softball Forum category!
I'm not new to softball but it has been AWHILE. I have a Demarini Bruiser that is open to anyone ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2013, 05:41 PM   #1 (permalink)

Name: Ed
Default to share or not to share?

I'm not new to softball but it has been AWHILE. I have a Demarini Bruiser that is open to anyone on my team that wants to use it, but if I don't want people using (I haven't bought it yet) a $250-$300 composite that I paid for, does that make me an ass?

JimmyLegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:10 PM   #2 (permalink)

Name: Aaron

Your money, your call IMO.
Longfellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:48 PM   #3 (permalink)

Name: Scott

Buy a durable bat and share. If your team is currently swinging a Bruiser, the amount of improvement that you will see will be worth it.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
On The Team

Name: Ken
Default Re: to share or not to share?

Only an ass would have a problem with you keeping your bat for you. Especially with the new bats being fragile. Just tell them it's a $300 bat with a limited life. If they get pouty, they are probably a problem that will go away themselves. Since they don't know the difference it probably won't benefit them anyway, just don't tell them that or you'll be the jerk.

Sent From Greatness

34/30 Club

Repping gloves in NorCal
chrometip78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:08 AM   #5 (permalink)
Star Player

Name: Tom
Default Re: to share or not to share?

I know alotta mooch's...fuck them!

Dont let YER' Meatloaf
AVALANCHE#50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:01 AM   #6 (permalink)
OG SFZ Member

Name: B

My teammates busted my OG Flex recently. I think they are going to chip in a little. Got another one on the way, and need to find one more for them. Fool me once and all that crap.

So if anyone has a nice stock 28, lmk.
oppo likes this.
Stork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:17 AM   #7 (permalink)
Star Player

Name: Me

Mooches suck

" Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest"
-Mahatma Ghandi
oppo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
On The Team

Name: CB

My bat my money my rules....if you ask nicely I'll usually let you swing, but its a you break you buy kinda deal. My team didn’t seem too heart broken about asking me to replace the evil balls I lost between the lake at the practice field & the building out over left at ball park so screw’em lol

Better question is..is it morally wrong to use them to help break your bat in then put it up for personally use once pretty hot?
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
Star Player

Name: Me

Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
My bat my money my rules....if you ask nicely I'll usually let you swing, but its a you break you buy kinda deal. My team didn’t seem too heart broken about asking me to replace the evil balls I lost between the lake at the practice field & the building out over left at ball park so screw’em lol

Better question is..is it morally wrong to use them to help break your bat in then put it up for personally use once pretty hot?
Not wrong at all. I have passed around new bats at bp and I have taken bp with buddys' new bats. As for games, it is their responsibility to have equipment to use. They should just be glad they get to use it at all.

" Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest"
-Mahatma Ghandi
oppo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:41 PM   #10 (permalink)
On The Team

Name: CB

Which kills me people see one person hitting good & they all want to use that bat like it has magical powers lol...There is really not a ton of difference between high end bats except the feel.
Stork and oppo like this.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote