Newbie Softball DiscussionZ New to SFZ? Introductions and Newbie Discussions. There is no such thing as a stupid question in this forum.

New team, quick question.

This is a discussion on New team, quick question. within the Newbie Softball DiscussionZ forums, part of the Softball Forum category!
Good morning everyone. Recently a bunch of friends and a few coworkers put a rec league team together, we play ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2013, 03:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
nrz

Name: Nick
Default New team, quick question.

Good morning everyone.

Recently a bunch of friends and a few coworkers put a rec league team together, we play double headers every Tuesday and it's a ton of fun. Most of us played 10 years ago when we were kids (and baseball at that) and just getting back into has been a lot of fun. We finished just under .500 for the season and felt really good about that.

We currently have a Rip It Prototype and DeMarini White Steel (after breaking two Raw Steel's we switched to the WS, after one game it's still around, which is longer than the Raw's lasted), we just picked up an Anderson Techzilla SP to replace a borrowed bat leaving us with three bats (and another guy brings a couple older Worths but not many people use them) and I feel like we need one more bat to round out the arsenal. The Anderson and Rip It are 27oz and the WS is 28oz. I like the feel of a light bat and was wandering around Dicks Sporting Goods and found a Miken Maniac (26oz) on sale for $100, I have a $10 coupon so for $90 is this a good bat to pick up??

Thanks for your time everyone.

nrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:18 AM   #2 (permalink)

Name: Jarrod
Default Miken maniac

This is my first year playing and I have the miken maniac from dicks 34/28. I will tell you it feels good and has a pretty good sweet spot for the price but if you are looking for a homerun bat i dont thing you'll be happy with it. Im 5'11" 210 pounds and can barely put the ball 250' with it but with my friends mayhem i can send it to the fence. It does have great line drive power though.
Slurry69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 04:01 AM   #3 (permalink)
SFZ Supporting Vendor

Name: Smarkley

What kinda balls u hittin bro?
Old 06-25-2013, 09:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
hb2
Mod'ing aint Easy

Name: Jay

For $90 almost anything (almost) is a good buy. The bat itself is average at best
hb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 01:28 PM   #5 (permalink)

Name: Jarrod

Was hitting Dudley thunder heat 44. 375's but we recently bought into the D2E 44. 575's and the bat still can just get one to the fence. we have used it all season so far with a lot of people swinging it and only 1 person has hit a HR with it. He weighs about 280 and is about 6' tall if that tells a story for you. haha
Slurry69 is offline   Reply With Quote