Newbie Softball DiscussionZ New to SFZ? Introductions and Newbie Discussions. There is no such thing as a stupid question in this forum.

New guy from VA. Yes, another bat question

This is a discussion on New guy from VA. Yes, another bat question within the Newbie Softball DiscussionZ forums, part of the Softball Forum category!
Hey just found the site a few days ago. Looks like a good group of folks, not a bunch of ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2013, 08:14 PM   #1 (permalink)

Name: Clint
Default New guy from VA. Yes, another bat question

Hey just found the site a few days ago. Looks like a good group of folks, not a bunch of aholes that don't help out new guys.

That being said, I bought this Demarini F3 Doublewall the other day just to have something for this season. DeMarini F3 Double Wall Slow Pitch Bat 2011 - Dick's Sporting Goods

I'm 6'3'', 195lbs, prefer endloaded, play NSA and can swing 28 or 30oz bats pretty well.

Updated the thread, check post #9. We are apparently playing NSA not ASA. I'm currently considering this bat http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/pr...414014.4414037

Last edited by DocB04; 05-20-2013 at 02:36 PM.
DocB04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 02:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
On The Team

Name: CB

I’m not a demarini fan at all so someone else will have to give advice on that one.

I heard good things about the new 750x mikens and have always had good service out of mikens in general. If you love endload bats you can’t go wrong with a combat derby boys 427 also the new Easton end loads are ridiculous to. All can be had for under $250 easy. Make sure the asa bat you get is designed for the asa ball your using. Don’t use the brand new asa standard bats on the old asa standard balls.

UTrip wise: Combat derby boys 427 & Easton sp12st100H are the top picks IMO & if the Easton sp12sy100w is anything like the 100h I would highly recommend it to. Can be had for under $200.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:18 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks Fuzz. I'm not sure if my league (military league on base) has switched to the new .52 balls yet but I know that we don't use them in BP. I can hit the fence with just about anything I swing but I have been absolutely crushing this year with composites and would just like one of my own. I'll definitely check those that you recommended.
Old 05-13-2013, 04:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
hb2
Mod'ing aint Easy

Name: Jay

Swagger if you like the f3

You can find utrip bats cheaper then Asa too
hb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:13 PM   #5 (permalink)

Name: Jo

Doc you playing in the Beast of the East next weekend
Iownsaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:28 PM   #6 (permalink)

Originally Posted by Iownsaint View Post
Doc you playing in the Beast of the East next weekend
Unfortunately not. We are still organizing our team. I'm playing with NCHB1 on Cheatham Annex near Williamsburg. We've played one game so far and had the other rained out. The season has started on base finally and now we can get the rest of the bugs out of our roster. I'm hoping we can get into some tournaments in June but that would be the earliest. I started playing in March while I was still stationed in TX but everyone here is still shaking off cobb webs from last season.

I'm looking for info on tournaments for my team to join or if we can't get that going, maybe even a 'civilian' team for me to play on. If you can help me out with finding tournaments or if you need an extra player shoot me a pm.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:05 PM   #7 (permalink)

Originally Posted by DocB04 View Post
Unfortunately not. We are still organizing our team. I'm playing with NCHB1 on Cheatham Annex near Williamsburg. We've played one game so far and had the other rained out. The season has started on base finally and now we can get the rest of the bugs out of our roster. I'm hoping we can get into some tournaments in June but that would be the earliest. I started playing in March while I was still stationed in TX but everyone here is still shaking off cobb webs from last season.

I'm looking for info on tournaments for my team to join or if we can't get that going, maybe even a 'civilian' team for me to play on. If you can help me out with finding tournaments or if you need an extra player shoot me a pm.
I'm a good 4 hour ride from you, out in Roanoke. My team is based out of Greensboro NC so I doubt we cross paths very often, but vausssa.com is a good place to start as well as the message board on softballnation.com
DocB04 likes this.
Old 05-19-2013, 09:02 PM   #8 (permalink)

Name: jeremiah

I just bought a demarini J3 ( juggy), and this stick is great. I have played 3 games with it and have 4 bombs with it. the bat is endloaded and if you go to directsports.com you can get it for under $250. Its listed for 299, but you call their # and ask for their bottum $. I was not a demarini man, but this bat is impressive!
shoebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:30 PM   #9 (permalink)

^ I appreciate the advice. However, I am actually in an NSA league not an ASA. Most military bases are ASA but apparently this base switched to NSA without telling any of the teams. The league manager here must be some kind of invisible being because nobody has ever seen the guy and he is fairly unreachable.

Anyhow, I'm looking for NSA legal bats now. My current bat is still legal but that opens up more bats for me to use and since I'm probably gonna try to get on a civilian league or get my team out in town we will be playing USSSA.

I am open to any brand and model but I'm thinking I want a 30oz since my Demarini is 28. Also it must be endloaded. Here's what I'm looking at right now : Miken NXT Freak Maxload USSSA Slow Pitch Bat 2012 - Dick's Sporting Goods
Old 05-20-2013, 05:34 PM   #10 (permalink)

Its way too much at richards........for NSA I'd get a z2k EL or a new worth legit ressy edition with the full EL