Newbie Softball DiscussionZ New to SFZ? Introductions and Newbie Discussions. There is no such thing as a stupid question in this forum.

Need ideas on a good bat for me !

This is a discussion on Need ideas on a good bat for me ! within the Newbie Softball DiscussionZ forums, part of the Softball Forum category!
I am not a big hitter at all. I am a base hit all day guy. I own a 34/26 ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2013, 09:40 AM   #1 (permalink)

Name: Nate
Post Need ideas on a good bat for me !

I am not a big hitter at all. I am a base hit all day guy. I own a 34/26 miken freak nasty that i hit great with but im looking for another bat just in case they have to send it in. Last season my bat was sent out because i hit the pitcher and it was a clean bat but i would like another bat in case it happens again. I was thinking either a new dc-41 or a new freak ink. Please give me some input!

Bigshilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 01:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Star Player

Name: Me

The Freak Nasty is 1/4 ounce endload. If you really like the bat, I would stay close to that, say balanced to 1/2 ounce endload. Anything with a 1 ounce endload is going to feel very different. Also, is your league even going to allow old stamp bats this season?

" Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest"
-Mahatma Ghandi
oppo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 01:55 PM   #3 (permalink)

Name: Nate

Im not sure if they are or not ? I hope they do but ill def have to find out soon! And the new dc-41 what is the endload on that?
Bigshilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 01:59 PM   #4 (permalink)

Name: robert

it is a supermax, i'm sure it's pretty significant
bombs15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 02:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
Star Player

The new DC41 is a supermax which is a 1 ounce endload.

Generally..

Maxload = 1/2 ounce endload
Supermax = 1 ounce endload

Also, the Freak Plus is 1/2 ounce endload.

I did swing a balanced MV1 in USSSA. After swinging a Freak 98 for a while in ASA, which runs heavy and has a slight endload, I decided to go with the Freak Plus to replace my MV1 when we switched to new stamp bats. I realy like it but I can't really give a comparison to other new stamp bats as I haven't swung the yet.

" Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest"
-Mahatma Ghandi
Old 03-09-2013, 02:38 PM   #6 (permalink)

Name: robert

Yeah, I don't think the MV1 comes in balanced with the new stamp, so he'd have to look at the OG Mv1 and definitely should check out if his league will let him use an old stamp bat.
bombs15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 03:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
Star Player

Yep, the new MV1 is Supermax only. It looks like the RevEx comes in balanced and maxload and that the only other non Supermax USSSA Miken is the Freak Plus.

-Mahatma Ghandi
Old 03-09-2013, 03:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
Star Player

Name: Tom
Default Re: Need ideas on a good bat for me !

Welcome Hoosier. You from the north or south? We had a place in Syracuse for a long time.

Don't let yer Meatloaf!
AVALANCHE#50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:21 AM   #9 (permalink)

Name: Justin

Miken mafia is a maxload as well, I picked up last years asa model and it is just as hot as a couple of the new usssa bats I picked up. You can find them pretty cheap if you look around too.
Dragon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:45 PM   #10 (permalink)

Name: vince

anything Mikken sells !!
hits like a girl is offline   Reply With Quote