Newbie Softball DiscussionZ New to SFZ? Introductions and Newbie Discussions. There is no such thing as a stupid question in this forum.

lookin 4 a bat?

This is a discussion on lookin 4 a bat? within the Newbie Softball DiscussionZ forums, part of the Softball Forum category!
The more i research, the longer my list gets! I play asa use .44 375, dont know if league will ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2013, 01:01 AM   #1 (permalink)

Name: jeremiah
Default lookin 4 a bat?

The more i research, the longer my list gets! I play asa use .44 375, dont know if league will go to new standards next year. I am lookin for a balanced bat, just cause that is what i am use to(consider myself line drive power hitter). It would b a bat that anybody on the team can use, just for the fact I started out using other bats. $$ not an issue, I already told the lady I am dropping 3 bills on a bat, if that what it takes. Thinkin between 454 mutant or z2k, maybe!

shoebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:17 AM   #2 (permalink)
Star Player

Name: jimmy

Originally Posted by shoebox View Post
The more i research, the longer my list gets! I play asa use .44 375, dont know if league will go to new standards next year. I am lookin for a balanced bat, just cause that is what i am use to(consider myself line drive power hitter). It would b a bat that anybody on the team can use, just for the fact I started out using other bats. $$ not an issue, I already told the lady I am dropping 3 bills on a bat, if that what it takes. Thinkin between 454 mutant or z2k, maybe!
Combat ASA Wanted...if you could swing an EL bat I'd say the Combat ASA Derby because it's ridiculous but it's definitely got some endload...
JIMMY34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:19 AM   #3 (permalink)
OG SFZ Member

Name: B

1. Yeah, spend enough time on forums and the more you see, the more you want.
2. Don't spend 3 bills on a bat.
oppo and chrometip78 like this.
Stork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:47 AM   #4 (permalink)

Name: jeremiah

The cheaper the better. I've just heard u get what u pay 4. By the way Stork, my wife say thank you. I should also say she would probably use the bat too, so end load would probably be out of the question.
shoebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:26 AM   #5 (permalink)
OG SFZ Member

Name: B

No prob. All I am saying is don't pay full price for a bat. Decide on a bat or 2 that you feel may fit you and then shop around. Check various websites, or maybe someone knows where so deals are. So sites may be able to offer a better price if you contact them over what 'list price' is. May be listed @ $299, but maybe you can get it for 50-70 less. Just depends on the bat.
There are some really good balanced bats out there.
Stork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
On The Team

Name: CB

I agree don't drop 3 bills on a bat unless that is absolutely what you want to do.

Just a heads up a Worth Mutant isn't an everybody happy kind of bat. You either love them or hate them and they tend to feel a little endloaded unlike say a BJ Fulk mayhem or something.

I don't play asa alot, but if you can find something on the lines of a worth bj fulk, worth 454 balanced, or a easton sp12st100. Everyone on your team will be happy. As a team bat I would go miken or worth bj fulk I don't think the new worths will probably hold up to team abuse IMO.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
On The Team

Name: CB

Originally Posted by JIMMY34 View Post
Combat ASA Wanted...if you could swing an EL bat I'd say the Combat ASA Derby because it's ridiculous but it's definitely got some endload...
If the asa derby is anything close to the utrip you can't go wrong with it as a endloaded bat. A 27oz feels like a 28+ though, but if you get ahold of the ball its freaking gone if you got any kind of power. Worth filthy's are "worth" a google search to
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:31 AM   #8 (permalink)
On The Team

Name: Ken
Default Re: lookin 4 a bat?

Go used, save cash, bat lasts longer, and gets hotter. Worth Mayhems probably your best balanced bet. Orange with black end cap (stay away front the white) or silver Mayhems are great bats!

Sent from greatness.

34/30 Club

Repping gloves in NorCal
chrometip78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:09 PM   #9 (permalink)

Name: robert

I disagree, find a new in wrapper bat, that way you know nothing has been done to it!!! I've seen several guys buy bats only to find out later on that they were worked...
bombs15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:46 PM   #10 (permalink)
Schmoozin Admin

Name: Matt

Originally Posted by shoebox View Post
The cheaper the better. I've just heard u get what u pay 4. By the way Stork, my wife say thank you. I should also say she would probably use the bat too, so end load would probably be out of the question.
First rule of online forums.......never let the wife read anything.

Anyways, the Z2K line is supposed really good. So good in fact that the ASA versions are supposed to outperform their USSSA counterparts. Granted that has to more with the balls that are being used but still.....