Newbie Softball DiscussionZ New to SFZ? Introductions and Newbie Discussions. There is no such thing as a stupid question in this forum.

Hello all and thanks

This is a discussion on Hello all and thanks within the Newbie Softball DiscussionZ forums, part of the Softball Forum category!
First I would like to say hello. My name is Steve and though I'm not new to softball or baseball ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By oilslick58
  • 1 Post By elbman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2015, 01:52 PM   #1 (permalink)

Name: Steve
Default Hello all and thanks

First I would like to say hello. My name is Steve and though I'm not new to softball or baseball I am new to tournament and the more serious side of softball play. I've gotten a bunch of great info here so far and really like the site. The one thing I'm trying to figure out though is how the team rating system goes... I see A, B, C in some tourneys and D, E in others. Can someone dumb this down for a simple fella like myself?

Steve

SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 03:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Star Player

Name: Tom

A is major League level on down. Every division is reputable per the rules change as you change division. Typically in A = unlimited homeruns down to E = homeruns is an out or sometimes out everytime that batter comes back up thereafter.

The other difference is amount of teams to go through for the crown. In A a state tournament may only have 5 teams but in E you can have 50 teams.

Everyone works to stay in the lowest division they can in order to be the strongest in their division until the sanctioning entity (like USSSA) ranks you into a higher division.

Don't let your MeatLoaf
AVALANCHE#50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 04:26 PM   #3 (permalink)

I figured that just needed the clarification. Thank you. I play mostly coed ball as I have 4 very athletic softball loving sisters so filing the girls half of my roster is fairly easy. Our league ranks us A B or C and since we started a fresh team for fall we're automatically ranked C. Though looking at some of the teams we've played and either beat or given a serious run for their money I think we should be more of a B ranking.

Steve
Old 07-14-2015, 11:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
OG SFZ Member

Name: B

Our local park has things rated like that with the abc's. I would guess a=c, b=d, c=e. Ish. Not very official, but just kind of gives you an idea what kind of competition level it is based on local talent. Start low and work your way up.
Stork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 02:59 PM   #5 (permalink)

Name: D J

ok its time...................5 post in

Pix of sister or EAD
AVALANCHE#50 likes this.
oilslick58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 03:19 PM   #6 (permalink)

Easy fellas...... lol I'm the big brother they're all my little sisters and I'll admit I'm a tad over protective.
Old 07-15-2015, 05:10 PM   #7 (permalink)

Name: Justin

Originally Posted by oilslick58 View Post
ok its time...................5 post in

Pix of sisterS or EAD

I fixed that for you.
AVALANCHE#50 likes this.
elbman is offline   Reply With Quote