Newbie Softball DiscussionZ New to SFZ? Introductions and Newbie Discussions. There is no such thing as a stupid question in this forum.

Got dooped by a craigslist sale

This is a discussion on Got dooped by a craigslist sale within the Newbie Softball DiscussionZ forums, part of the Softball Forum category!
Prior to the softball season starting I picked up a few year old bats that were very lightly used for ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By oilslick58

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2014, 07:20 PM   #1 (permalink)

Name: Justin
Default Got dooped by a craigslist sale

Prior to the softball season starting I picked up a few year old bats that were very lightly used for what I felt was a good deal on craigslist. One was still in the plastic wrap. The other had very little wear. And it had a camo lizard skin grip I kinda liked. But I did notice it was gripped way higher than I thought needed. I figured that wasn't the end of the world cause I burn through grips quick and I'd just make it different when I wear it out.

So today I pulled the grip of and regripped the bat. I wasn't paying to much attention to the bat stampings while doing it. But after I was cleaning up where the grip wasn't covering anymore. And I noticed it was stamped "No Warranty". At that point I got pretty pissed and texted the guy. And he pretty much played dumb. Which isn't to surprising being he had to be well aware of the stamp. Being as careful as he was to perfectly grip over it.

What can I do about this? Or should I just chalk it up as a lesson learned the hard way.

Not that it's needed Infor but it's a Miken ultra 750x maxload and I'll upload a picture of the no warranty stamp.

Old 06-23-2014, 07:46 PM   #2 (permalink)

Got to talking with the guy and he got this bat from someone else with the grip already in it. Seems like he got equally as dooped. Well I guess I like the bat so I mine as well just use it till it's shattered. And call it a day. I guess the bat works at the end of the day. And it would have been past it's warranty date in a few months anyway
Old 06-23-2014, 07:48 PM   #3 (permalink)

Name: Jesse

Be honest with yourself, he fed you a lie. He knew it was there and was hoping you wouldn't notice. I always peel the grip off of a bat the second I get it to see what's hiding underneath it.
LSX Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 09:20 PM   #4 (permalink)

Yeah he might have. But there's not much I can do about it. So I guess hard lesson learned about ripping the grip off first.
Old 06-24-2014, 12:53 AM   #5 (permalink)
OG SFZ Member

Name: B

I think most of the stuff on CL comes with a tail-light warranty. Chalk it up to experience.
Stork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 02:19 AM   #6 (permalink)

Name: D J

Ummmm
If you got a descent deal......whats the problem?
oilslick58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 02:23 AM   #7 (permalink)

Name: D J

Do you have a valid rcpt?

If not, quick your bitchin and enjoy your new stick and grip job.
defos likes this.
oilslick58 is offline   Reply With Quote