Newbie Softball DiscussionZ New to SFZ? Introductions and Newbie Discussions. There is no such thing as a stupid question in this forum.

Easton sp13b3 B3.0 reviews

This is a discussion on Easton sp13b3 B3.0 reviews within the Newbie Softball DiscussionZ forums, part of the Softball Forum category!
What's up guys, Adam here I'm new to the forums. I've been reading through the site past couple days lot ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2013, 06:40 PM   #1 (permalink)

Name: Adam
Default Easton sp13b3 B3.0 reviews

What's up guys, Adam here I'm new to the forums. I've been reading through the site past couple days lot of great info here. I just really started getting more serious about softball and now I'm hooked haha. Is there any info/reviews you guys can give me about the new Easton B3? I read here recently that a new easton failed a compression test at a USSSA event. The reviews I have received are good so far. Mine should be here tomorrow then I can get a few swings of my own in. Thanks for any help fellas

Nospark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
On The Team

Name: CB

B3 is an ASA bat if I'm not mistaken. Suppose to be one of the hottest new asa bats out, I'd think durability would be suspect being that hot out of the wrapper like any other bat.

B1, B2, L1, L2 are suppose to be nasty utrip bats. They have great reviews

I liked the SP12ST100H & ST100 that they replaced. I think there are better bats out there especially for the money, but are good eastons.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:37 PM   #3 (permalink)

Default Re: Easton sp13b3 B3.0 reviews

Thanks for the reply Fuzz. Yea I should have mentioned I will be playing ASA this year. It was a toss up for me between the B3 and the L6. I have been curious about the durability also especially since they dropped to a 6 month warranty. I'm looking forward to swinging it this will be my first composite bat. All the leagues where I used to live had a non-composite/single wall bat rule.

Sent from my DROID RAZR
Old 04-25-2013, 12:02 AM   #4 (permalink)
hb2
Mod'ing aint Easy

Name: Jay

It's hit and miss.

Don't bp it much and don't hit anything besides 52/300 balls.

Me and creative10 can answer most Easton related questions
hb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:27 AM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks hb2! Should either way it should be loads better than my fusion haha. Might look for some more used bats on here for BP and for the games when the harder balls are used, but need to do some more research on whats good & bad.

Sent from my DROID RAZR
Old 05-26-2013, 04:20 AM   #6 (permalink)

Name: mick

Originally Posted by hb2 View Post
It's hit and miss.

Don't bp it much and don't hit anything besides 52/300 balls.
Just got mine today was hitting .44 375 Dudley Thunder heats and an evil .45 375. I know you said don't BP it and only use the new balls, but I use grey dots in my league and anything from .40 375's to Evil .45 375's in tourneys(unlimited arc) do any of the a fore mentioned balls void my warranty? That being said, I guess I wouldn't call this bat "hot out of the wrapper" first 25 swings felt like it was a one piece aluminium bat. After a couple friends put another 25 it finally started to get that signature cxn 2 piece feel but the barrel was still a bit stiff. Even when it was stiff and didnt really feel like it had pop, the ball was screaming off my bat but just didnt carry(I go about 140 soaking wet) after about 60 the barrel started to give a bit. I figure 50 more solid swings and this bat will be nasty. As a smaller guy with a slower bat speed, the perfect balance of this bat have improved my bat speed and made it easier to repeat my mechanics. This bat is easy to swing, as opposed to most end loaded bats that have a tendency to swing me.
mydailynightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 03:49 AM   #7 (permalink)

Name: mick

*update* I'm up to 150 swings and this bat is insane. Head to head I feel like it out performed the 2013 S1 with an equal amount of swings. My buddy hit a .40 375 Dudley Thunder 350'+. By far the biggest bomb of the bp session. Still no spidering on the barrel, that being said 99% of the balls we hit were .44 375's. What really sets this bat apart from the rest is just how simple it is to swing hard without it feeling like you are. Personally, I hit the ball harder, more consistantly than I have with any other bat. I was hitting knuckle balls off the bat that carried '260'. In 9 years I have not hit the ball that deep that consistantly. If you like a balanced bat, this is the one for you. One of the guys just played a tourney the day before and used a B3.0 with fewer swings with the new .52 300 core balls. He said the balls were mush on this bat but it still produced hard shots to the gaps and missles for singles... Now if I could just talk the ASA into letting little guys like me hit .45 375's with the new bats. Oh, we had 1 evil .45 375 and this bat hit pop ups that went 280 with that ball.

Last edited by mydailynightmare; 05-27-2013 at 03:56 AM.
mydailynightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:02 AM   #8 (permalink)

Update the B3 has been awesome and seems to be getting better. But now I was asked to play in 2 NSA leagues so I'm on the hunt for a good NSA bat. I was thinking maybe a Z2k or ?. If you would throw out some good suggestions. Feels great to be playing 3 nights a week now plus at least 3 tournaments lined up.

Sent from my DROID RAZR
Old 06-05-2013, 03:10 PM   #9 (permalink)
On The Team

Name: CB

Z2k is a good bat no doubt. If you like your easton B3 then a utrip/nsa stealth would fit the bill real good. I personally like my easton sp12sy100 30oz for nsa, but I'm more of a 1 piece bat kind of guy. I use my worth filthy 120 to which is an awesome bat.

I have a easton sp12st100 34/30 with 200 +/- hits on it. Check out the reviews & if you like the 30oz send me a message. All the 2 piece guys love this thing, it's just not for me.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 03:29 PM   #10 (permalink)

Thanks man I'll take a look at that easton and keep you in mind. Although I like my B.3 I swung a 1 piece Monday in a game is and it seemed like my ball contact was better. It could be all in my head though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR