Newbie Softball DiscussionZ New to SFZ? Introductions and Newbie Discussions. There is no such thing as a stupid question in this forum.

'Centre Loaded' Bat

This is a discussion on 'Centre Loaded' Bat within the Newbie Softball DiscussionZ forums, part of the Softball Forum category!
Hiya, I'm looking at purchasing my bat, i'm female and pretty lightweight so although I play slow pitch i've been ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2013, 05:00 PM   #1 (permalink)

Name: Sarah
Default 'Centre Loaded' Bat

Hiya,

I'm looking at purchasing my bat, i'm female and pretty lightweight so although I play slow pitch i've been using the teams 22oz bat. I've tried swinging 26oz and my hitting is terrible because the bat is far too heavy for me.

However i've since discovered that all the 26oz bats i've tried in the past have been end loaded, so the weight being all on one end makes me really struggle to swing. A teammate as a 27oz which I have been hitting great with, but its balanced so it seems that this is the best option for me.

I'm looking at the Worth Amp, as i'm new to the sport, so its within my price range, but it describes it as having a 'Center Load End Plug', so i'm confused as to if this means its balanced, end loaded, or neither! Google doesn't seem to be giving me much by the way of answers!

Cheers

sunnysideupx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Star Player

Name: Me

Welcome

Do not get the Amp! You can do MUCH better. What is your price range?

" Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest"
-Mahatma Ghandi
oppo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:23 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quick reply! Cant ask for more than that!

Its difficult because i'm from the UK so we have a limited selection here, without importing!

I managed to get an Easton Typhoon from the US, 23oz but theyve sent me a 21oz by accident. But I purchased this before I realised I can actually bat with the heavier weights, as long as its balanced. So now i'm in the situation of deciding whether to just replace the Typhoon for the actual weight I ordered, or go for a heavier different bat.

I have to admit, I love the look and feel of the Typhoon now I've received it and got to hold it in the flesh, but dont know whether or not I should be looking at heavier options. Last season I was batting with a 21oz so even the 23 would be a step up!

Thats the long answer to your question so I will go with a budget of about 80, but unfortunately postage eats away into that alot!

Have found the Easton Hammer SP13HM which seems to be getting good reviews, especially for female players who cant swing the heavier bats, its balanced and 25oz so kind of inbetween for me. Might be a possibility?

Last edited by sunnysideupx; 04-18-2013 at 05:42 PM.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
Star Player

Name: Me

Oh no, none of those. If you try a good bat, you will see a definite difference. I would suggest looking at a 34/24 "fast pitch" bat and I would definitely go with a composite, assuming your league allows them. You can get a much better bat the ones you have been looking at for within your budget. These bats will be very balanced and have more pop.

For everybody else, that is about $120.

" Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest"
-Mahatma Ghandi
oppo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
On The Team

Name: CB

I know you said you have limited availability, but the go to for the females here is the SBMBJ worth mayhem bj fulk. Its 34/26, but is extremely light. All the girls on my team and several others use this bat, because they had the same problem as you. I've seen these go for $75-$125 US. Very good all around bat IMO especially for the price. It feels extremely light.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 03:28 PM   #6 (permalink)

thankyou guys really appreciate the advice. gonna have a look see if the mayhem is available anywhere now. also found the mizuno frenzy 4.0. a bit more expensive but getting good reviews and can get it in 34/24.