Newbie Softball DiscussionZ New to SFZ? Introductions and Newbie Discussions. There is no such thing as a stupid question in this forum.

06chess

This is a discussion on 06chess within the Newbie Softball DiscussionZ forums, part of the Softball Forum category!
I find for myself that a longer stride improves my power. Am I correct? what is the downside of a ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Stork

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2012, 03:49 PM   #1 (permalink)

Name: Jeff
Default 06chess

I find for myself that a longer stride improves my power. Am I correct? what is the downside of a longer stride and what is your opinions. Also since I don't have great bat speed I find for myself that a 30 once bat gives me more power. It just feels comfortable. This goes against all thinking. Am I delusional. My friend feels the same way. Also does rolling reduce the life of the bat and how much does shaving add to power vs reducing bat life

06chess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 04:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
OG SFZ Member

Name: B

Shaving and rolling reduces your penis size. Everything before that as far as stride and bat weight if what works best for you. Swing the heaviest bat you can with good bat speed. Others will may or may not tell you different as it is what works for them.
oppo likes this.
Stork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 04:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Star Player

Name: Me

If you can maintain, or nearly so, your bat speed when going up in weight then you should gain some power. As for the long stride, up to the point where it hinders rotation. Then it becomes counter productive.

I don't approve of rolling and shaving is chickenshit. Rolling does reduce the life of the bat. It flexes the bat and starts breaking the resin and fibers. The bat only flexes so many times before it eventually breaks and the harder it flexes, the fewer times it will flex.
oppo is offline   Reply With Quote