General Slowpitch Softball Forum Discuss slowpitch topics that don't fit in to other categories here!

Your USSSA Class D World Champs

This is a discussion on Your USSSA Class D World Champs within the General Slowpitch Softball Forum forums, part of the Softball Forums category!
T-5 Star. Or should I say Tallon Painting? Off the Old Scout (I just did the linking): 2002 TALLON PAINTING ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2007, 10:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Red Shirt Freshman

Name: Max
Default Your USSSA Class D World Champs

T-5 Star. Or should I say Tallon Painting?

Off the Old Scout (I just did the linking):

TALLON PAINTING - 2nd D Nationals - 65th in worlds
tallon painting - 1st D Nationals & 1st D Worlds *name change*
T 5 Star - 1st D Nationals - 33rd in worlds
T Five Star - didn't play Nationals. 5th D Worlds
2006 didn't play usssa - scared to moveup and play C.
T - 5 - Star - 2nd D Nationals & 1st D Worlds.

Will this team play C in 2008?

Old 09-25-2007, 10:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Leading Off

From SBF: http://www.softballfans.com/forums/s...d.php?t=361606

seventhsteal vbmenu_register("postmenu_4477977", true);

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primo
I heard the team that won D, also won it on 03, won nationals in 04, took 5th at world in 05 and won this year......nice state directing

You mostly heard wrong. It's interesting how fast rumors get started and run completely out of control.

There is only 1 count 'em ONE player who played on all four of those teams you listed above. He's also the sponsor -- that's why the name of the team has been the same (T 5-Star) since 2004. Same team name does not equal the same team.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinions, yada, yada, yada, but before you start judging this team and throwing out rumor, innuendo, etc., at least let me provide you with a few facts about these different teams, so at least your opinions will be based on truth.

Tallon Painting was the name of the team that won D worlds in 2003 in Dallas.

There is no C softball program in Utah. To play C, you have to have sponsorship to play out of state. That sponsorship option did not exist. The individual players on the 2003 Tallons team were all bumped up in class. Those players all got picked up by various D teams -- as allowed by USSSA rules -- with no more than four on any team. As a member of that team, I can tell you that we would have loved to stay together and played C -- but the money was not there to do so. Judge that how you want.

In 2004, T 5-Star became one of the teams with four players off the Tallon Painting 2003 team. It also contained a bunch of other younger players, many playing in their first national and world tournaments, and other D level players. This team did win the 2004 Midwest Nationals in Denver. My understanding is they did not receive an automatic bump up for this tournament because there weren't enough teams in it. It had a low draw. The team also did not finish high enough in worlds (also in Detroit) to receive the automatic bump. In addition, neither of the other two teams that had players from the 2003 Tallons team finished high enough on their own at worlds to receive a bump. (One of those teams, incidentally, went 0-2.)

T 5-Star revamped its roster again in 2005. In the 2005 Worlds in Orlando, T 5-Star took fifth. That team had six new players that had nothing to do with the 2003 world championship team.

None of these (original Tallon) guys did much of anything in 2006. I think one guy from the original 2003 team picked up with a D team that went to worlds. That was it.

This 2007 T 5-Star team that just won worlds had two starters from the original 2003 team. This was an entirely different team. The name is T 5-Star because of the sponsor and he has been playing on sheer guts and heart since damaging both his ankles in 2002. Since then, he has had surgery in both ankles, and if you ever took the time to watch him run, you would see how much pain he's in every time he's on base which is a lot. I only point that out because he is one of the two original Tallon guys. This was not some star-studded sandbagging. This is a team that plays with an exceptional amount of heart. These are the types of guys every team out there would love to have on their team. (No, I was not a member of this team, but I do know most of the players.) I think they are probably as surprised as anyone that they just won worlds. That being said, they should be recognized for what they just accomplished, rather than having their achievement mistakenly dragged through the sandbagging innuendo.

So judge away, but at least now you can judge off real facts.
I hate you with a deep and total hatred that surpasses all hate that has ever been or ever will be.
STINGOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 10:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
Leading Off

6 players in common between the two teams (Tallon and T 5) if you use TOTAL roster...(Scott Adams, Brian Beams, Chisholm, Laharouge, Fox and Tallon), however, if you break it into CURRENT ROSTER, only two players in common, Tallon and Chisholm.

Looks like there's some credence to the claim, if you go by the U-Trip roster. Only Tallon (I'm sure that's the sponsor) and Chisholm are on the 2003 Tallon's current roster (the roster that went to Worlds) and the 2007 current roster (the roster that went to Worlds).
DavidK44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 04:33 AM   #4 (permalink)
Star Player

I concur with Lawyer/Scout Boy....

Jay Dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 06:56 AM   #5 (permalink)

Default ill tell you this

the team are are talking about t-5 /tallon stayed in our hotel this past worlds.now youre saying that there is only one common player...well you and anyone else can do all the research you want...the fact is ,me and a few guys from our team hung out those guys. and the facts that i know is atleast 4 of them admitted to winning more then one world and or national..plus they all had past national/world championship patches on thier jackets..maybe they used other peoples names ,maybe someone falied to check thier id's properly but im telling you they admitted to winning more then one.. and i wouldnt reply to this topic if i didnt hear it and see it with my own hears and eyes..but i must say they were great guys.not that makes the situation any better.this whole list,roster and everything that is printed down is a crock of shit.and as bad as all the sandbaggin,bat cutting,the fact is anytimes money,fame or fortune is involved there will always be rules and laws being broken.the same goes for players playing on different teams. they should only allow players to play with one team and one team only. world bids come only 3 ways and when a player plays for an un qualified team..its still helping teams aquire points when in fact a player not being on thier roster..you dont see arod going to the mets when the yankees clinched a playoff spot,to help the mets win games to make a playoff spot
Lietz8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 01:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
Star Player

Originally Posted by peas
you dont see arod going to the mets when the yankees clinched a playoff spot,to help the mets win games to make a playoff spot
I don't see arod not getting paid either.....

Jay Dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 03:14 PM   #7 (permalink)

Default understandable

Originally Posted by typer
I don't see arod not getting paid either.....
not a big deal to me,just making convo
Lietz8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 12:14 AM   #8 (permalink)

I talked to the guys at the airport after the tourney. They seemed like pretty cool guys.
rival15 is offline   Reply With Quote