General Slowpitch Softball Forum Discuss slowpitch topics that don't fit in to other categories here!

Will we start to solve the problem????

This is a discussion on Will we start to solve the problem???? within the General Slowpitch Softball Forum forums, part of the Softball Forums category!
This is NOT meant to incriminate any teams mentioned, they're simply the top teams in their levels...based on points AND ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2007, 04:24 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Will we start to solve the problem????

This is NOT meant to incriminate any teams mentioned, they're simply the top teams in their levels...based on points AND in-class record.

Will teams like Creative, Allied, Universe, Worth/McWorlds, CT Storm, Spikes (PA), etc. that have shown that they're doing well in their respective level (be it in points or in-class record) take the initiative to move up and challenge themselves rather than stay where they are and further contribute to the problem of lopsided levels in NE??

I mean come on guys...admit that there are PLENTY of teams in E that could compete in D, if the C teams that are in D would move back up....and the same with D teams playing in C if the B teams go back to B.

JayDub: if i had that bat on Sat morning i could have stuck it in the ground and dried up my field
lombo34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 04:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Leading Off

Name: Mike

A handful of our guys had this discussion at a party after Saturday's tournament. We're actually going to move up if we get the 100% committment from our guys. Right now there's only a few on the outside looking in. But we're not going to do it if we continue to have to bring down some random friend who last picked up a bat when they were playing t ball. It's not worth them possibly getting hurt and us wasting 250-300.

Playing without a big time sponsor has it's pluses and minuses. Obviously paying out of pocket completely sucks, but the only ones we have to put expectations on is ourselves. We don't have to go back to some company/bar whatever and continue to tell them they spent 300 bucks for us to 2 and que.

I'd like to see it get back to the correct classifications, because I know there are some teams out there that would like to start playing some tourneys, but see the way it is and are very hesitant.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
Leading Off

I think they should have some sort of rule throughout the US as far as USSSA. For instance if you have a winning percentage above .750 within your class, you win an NIT, or win your state tourney you should be forced to move up for one full year and anybody on those moveup teams will be titled a "C" player even if they leave that team, for instance if the Squirrels got moved up to C I would then be considred a C player for 1 year
Old 08-28-2007, 05:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
Star Player

Name: Jeff

Originally Posted by cuse6189
I think they should have some sort of rule throughout the US as far as USSSA. For instance if you have a winning percentage above .750 within your class, you win an NIT, or win your state tourney you should be forced to move up for one full year and anybody on those moveup teams will be titled a "C" player even if they leave that team, for instance if the Squirrels got moved up to C I would then be considred a C player for 1 year

I wonder if teams would throw games then?
jeff Mets Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 05:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
1st Place Bruins

Is there any way I could move down to an F division?
DaveTBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 05:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
Leading Off

Originally Posted by jeff Mets Fan
I wonder if teams would throw games then?

It wouldn't bother me, if a team has that much money to throw around by giving up games then so be it.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
Leading Off

based on my rules I will calculate who the moveup teams would be later
Old 08-28-2007, 06:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
Star Player

Name: Jeff

Originally Posted by kill_it_34
This is NOT meant to incriminate any teams mentioned, they're simply the top teams in their levels...based on points AND in-class record.

Will teams like Creative, Allied, Universe, Worth/McWorlds, CT Storm, Spikes (PA), etc. that have shown that they're doing well in their respective level (be it in points or in-class record) take the initiative to move up and challenge themselves rather than stay where they are and further contribute to the problem of lopsided levels in NE??

I mean come on guys...admit that there are PLENTY of teams in E that could compete in D, if the C teams that are in D would move back up....and the same with D teams playing in C if the B teams go back to B.
The answer is quite simply.........NOOOOOOOOOO! Good luck, but clearly it is getting worse, not better.
Shine 52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 06:25 PM   #9 (permalink)
On The Team

Name: Todd

I think there first has to be an incentive to move up. Think about it, most of the D teams I know, that dropped to E was so they can go to Disney. I'm not saying this is the total reason, obviously these teams feel they can't win in their natural class, but there's nobody telling them NOT to move down. There will have to be a state director that declines a drop down to set a precedence first.
Premier/Easton #18
Hater18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 06:28 PM   #10 (permalink)

Originally Posted by DaveTBH
Is there any way I could move down to an F division?
That's basically what people have done since the inception of the E's back when they were brought about to provide a DEVELOPMENT level for teams...can you say backfire?!?!?!

JayDub: if i had that bat on Sat morning i could have stuck it in the ground and dried up my field
lombo34 is offline   Reply With Quote