General Slowpitch Softball Forum Discuss slowpitch topics that don't fit in to other categories here!

Why shaved bats will never go away

This is a discussion on Why shaved bats will never go away within the General Slowpitch Softball Forum forums, part of the Softball Forums category!
Played our last regular season game in Glastonbury last week against the best team in the league, (head and shoulders ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2007, 06:10 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Why shaved bats will never go away

Played our last regular season game in Glastonbury last week against the best team in the league, (head and shoulders above the rest of the league)
20-0 team vs our weak ass 5-15 team. It was so obvious that these guys were swinging a juiced stick that one guy's mother asked me why the bat sounded so different after they hit thier 5th homer, (another check swing 350' bomb) the ump picked up the bat and was checking it out, I was in the outfield and couldn't hear if he said anything.
I saw that ump at a tourney this weekend and asked "what do think of that juiced bat the other night?" he denied ever working that game! I told him I knew it was him and he just kept saying he didn't work that night.
If the umpires are that quick to turn away from, what I would call, a pretty obvious shaved bat. What the hell are the players suppossed to do
We are never going to be rid of these tired ass losers

lark72power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 06:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Leading Off

Name: Harry

All this game requires is aluminum and a good ball. Everything else is overkill in my opinion.
harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 06:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Star Player

Name: Jeff

In my opinion the game should be played with bats no better than the White Steel
jeff Mets Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 06:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
Leading Off

Name: Mike

I can't completely fault an umpire. My father has been an umpire for a long time now, but doesn't do any "big boy" games/tourny's anymore, I can guarantee he wouldn't know what a juiced stick sounded like unless someone pointed it out to him. Hell, I didn't know what one sounded like until a year or so ago. I don't think that is one thing that is taught in umpire school, nor do I think they are responsible for knowing a juiced stick from a non. Hell, some of these guys have a hard enough time just getting calls in the field right!
binger19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 06:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
On The Team

Name: Todd

I would love to see the sport go back to aluminum and a decent ball. But you know what? Guys will just find another way to fix an aluminum bat.
Premier/Easton #18
Hater18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 06:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
Star Player

Name: jimmy

Originally Posted by Hater18
I would love to see the sport go back to aluminum and a decent ball. But you know what? Guys will just find another way to fix an aluminum bat.
I'd rather face a shaved DDW than a shaved Easton ANY DAY!!!

JIMMY34
JIMMY34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 06:53 PM   #7 (permalink)

they'll just start painting the Titaniums again...but I wouldn't mind seeing it at least tried. I mean it's getting outta hand...I have one of my father's old White TPS w/ a gold plug in the end (no cap) circa 1992 that I might break outta retirement.

JayDub: if i had that bat on Sat morning i could have stuck it in the ground and dried up my field
lombo34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 07:15 PM   #8 (permalink)

I heard the association are close to coming out with new restrictions for bats to be inforced in 2009 all bats are to be one piece making it impossible to remove the endcap.
Juice9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 07:16 PM   #9 (permalink)
Leading Off

Originally Posted by Juice9
I heard the association are close to coming out with new restrictions for bats to be inforced in 2009 all bats are to be one piece making it impossible to remove the endcap.

I have been hearing the same rumor around at tourneys and from a couple of tourney directors.
Big Papa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 07:18 PM   #10 (permalink)
Leading Off

Yeah and every association other than "ASA" has approved it, it still won't stop the cheaters but its a step in the right direction