General Slowpitch Softball Forum Discuss slowpitch topics that don't fit in to other categories here!

Why Do You Play and /or Coach Softball?

This is a discussion on Why Do You Play and /or Coach Softball? within the General Slowpitch Softball Forum forums, part of the Softball Forums category!
For it is simple...Love of the game...Been playing and coaching hardball and softball along time....

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2007, 03:06 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Why Do You Play and /or Coach Softball?

For it is simple...Love of the game...Been playing and coaching hardball and softball along time.

CHAVBOSN4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 03:35 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default I agree

Grew up playing baseball. Dad coached up until I hit high school. Started playing softball with guys from school and college. Now I've been coaching my kids (daughter for 4 years and son for 6 years). Also grew up going to watch my dad play ball.
tlize1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 03:52 AM   #3 (permalink)
SFZ Addict

Name: Devin

Been addicted to hitting ever since I was a kid. Almost no better feeling than hitting a ball. Obviously sex is better. The withdrawls we all have every Winter off season, I've ALWAYS had them, since I was young.

In My Bag
The Crimedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 04:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
BTB

Thumbs up

Friends, drinking, winning (hopefully, lol) the whole atmosphere and most of all... escaping life for a few hours every weekend!! Damn, I miss it alot!!

I hope all you softball whores are taking advantage of this nice weather and having TONS of fun.
Old 05-12-2007, 05:09 PM   #5 (permalink)

Good times, great friends and drinking afterwards
DaIrishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 09:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
SFZ Addict

Name: Kris

Originally Posted by BTB
Friends, drinking, winning (hopefully, lol) the whole atmosphere and most of all... escaping life for a few hours every weekend!! Damn, I miss it alot!!

I hope all you softball whores are taking advantage of this nice weather and having TONS of fun.

repped, Can't agree more...And yes, this softball whore took advantage of it....
Old 05-12-2007, 10:32 PM   #7 (permalink)

Default Love the game

Good times, great friends and hanging with the guy's and now Coaching too..... I will Die on the field lol........
Old 05-13-2007, 06:58 AM   #8 (permalink)

Name: Mongo

played baseball when I was a kid and loved it... then a buddy got me onto a softball team he was playing for 4 years ago and then the coach who ran that team and I became great friends and now I run our new team and basically just splits the cost of the team with me... I enjoy coaching and playing ball with friends and family....
mongohitballfar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 12:56 PM   #9 (permalink)
Leading Off

Originally Posted by CHAVBOSN4
For it is simple...Love of the game...Been playing and coaching hardball and softball along time.
I play becuase:
A) It's better than jail
B) Been playing since I was 15 years old - started out on my dad's Metro North league team in Brewster, NY
c) Who could ask for a better past time/sport than one that allows you to hang with your friends, let out your competitive edge and escape the "real world" for a few hours a week..

Nothing like it in the world!

Oh and don't forget about the night life going away to tourneys......
Old 05-16-2007, 01:23 PM   #10 (permalink)

I grew up travelling all over the country watching Dad's tourney teams. Started managing at 17. I feel there is more control over the entire game when I manage, especially when I can decide who is on the team (good guys with the right attitude) and who is not (headcases and super-ego types). I now manage and play in a D/C league. We don't have the best talent, but everyone gives 100% effort and we have a good time.
d-train is offline   Reply With Quote