Softball Forum - Slow Pitch Softball Forums > Softball Forums > General Slowpitch Softball Forum » What were some of your favorite bats of the past?

General Slowpitch Softball Forum Discuss slowpitch topics that don't fit in to other categories here!

What were some of your favorite bats of the past?

This is a discussion on What were some of your favorite bats of the past? within the General Slowpitch Softball Forum forums, part of the Softball Forums category!
Not all of us are bat whores who try everything once before moving along. What are some of your favorite ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2011, 12:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
Red Shirt Freshman

Name: Max
Default What were some of your favorite bats of the past?

Not all of us are bat whores who try everything once before moving along. What are some of your favorite bats from years gone by?

My first bat was $20 from Herman's Sporting Goods. A regional franchise. Bat worked great for me but only lasted a year.

Moved on to a Jim Fuller Powercell (when everybody else had the Carl Rose). Fuller's had way shorter barrel and way more whip back when I hit everything on the barrel and didn't need a bigger one. I thin I hit the best ball of my life with this bat. Either this one or the next one. Bomb to CF in White Plains league. My hands flew through so fast like they never had before or since. Somehow never once even in BP able to replicate the almost magical hand speed of that one swing. This was the first bat that I really loved. Swung it til it cracked. Still have it somewhere.

Steele's XLT-2. Loved my first one. Adored it. You custom ordered the Steele to whatever weight you want. I said lightest shell and make it 30 oz. Ended up perfect (after finally breaking this one I ordered the same specs and it somehow came out like a fucking sledgehammer. Basically unswingable.) With this bat, I started playing with non-friends so this is where the Shiny Bat Theory (SBT) took hold. Back then I was skinny but with very good pop to RCF (everything went to that side of the field back then when I used to run up and dive into the plate). The SBT is when you hit a bomb with your bat and some retard on the team picks up the bat and looks at it like he knows what the fuck he's looking at and then decides it's the bat that did it so he has to try it. Hate that shit. I didn't get too much of it with the 30 oz shells but any SBT is too much. My first Steele was another of my great loves.

The third bat that I loved was Chezz's black and gold Easton that I basically commandeered. Used it til it cracked and then we had a proper burial for her at the George Washington School in North White Plains.

The 4th and final bat that I truly loved was my first ST1-Z black Connexion. I crushed the ball with this bat. This is the bat I used all the time when I started playing travel ball. When the ultras came out I kept using my Connexion because I was hitting the ball nearly as well as most of the Ultra guys. I eventually ended up picking up a Mizuno Fury for my no-fence local leagues for a little extra pop. This I regret today as I don't have the "I got up with an Ultra and hit one over _______" stories that I should have from back when I could have done something with one. Some of my Fury's were awesome (I had about 6 of them) but the sweet spot was small and I was just starting to have the timing issues (for various reasons) that make the bigger barrel so beneficial for me today.

Old 02-11-2011, 12:34 AM   #2 (permalink)

Name: Daniel

Sorry I would go under bat wore but I love my mutant..
Dannyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 12:39 AM   #3 (permalink)
On The Team

the blue M75 120 mayhem an the ASA og extended
bigvin4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 12:45 AM   #4 (permalink)
On The Team

I can't remember the name of it but the TPS green and white no warranty aluminum. Great bat!
Starwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 12:53 AM   #5 (permalink)

Only two I used to use was the Extended and an EST5. I still have the EST, athough I dont get as much distance as I used to out of it.
Benched02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 12:56 AM   #6 (permalink)
Star Player

Name: Nate

grey demarini evo ax was my first love. I wish i still had it.
antivirus. when my gamer goes its going to be a sad day.
the orginal gear surpremacy. absolute monster for me for the 100 swings it lasted.
n8ss03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 12:59 AM   #7 (permalink)
Red Shirt Freshman

Name: Max

Originally Posted by Starwin
I can't remember the name of it but the TPS green and white no warranty aluminum. Great bat!
Ritch's Superior? Chezz had one of those but it was way too light for me.
Old 02-11-2011, 01:04 AM   #8 (permalink)
On The Team

Name: Todd

Demarini Fat Boy.

First bat I owned after getting asked to play some league ball while still playing college baseball. I thought it was awesome. Then shortly after the composites arrived on the scene.

Nate is right though... The OG Supremacy hit absolute scuds
Hater18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 01:09 AM   #9 (permalink)

Name: Chris

How about the Carl Rose Supercell VT with the power KNOB...or nub really!!!

-------Composite (Not Really) before composites------

Attachment 280

Attachment 281
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Black VT.jpg (4.4 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg Green VT.jpg (2.9 KB, 64 views)

Who is Max anyway?
Flipper08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 01:13 AM   #10 (permalink)
SFZ Addict

Name: Devin

Originally Posted by n8ss03
grey demarini evo ax was my first love. I wish i still had it.
antivirus. when my gamer goes its going to be a sad day.
the orginal gear surpremacy. absolute monster for me for the 100 swings it lasted.
Didn't you bust it up for a Juggernaut?

In My Bag
The Crimedog is offline   Reply With Quote