Softball Forum - Slow Pitch Softball Forums > Softball Forums > General Slowpitch Softball Forum » What does the local D scene look like this year?

General Slowpitch Softball Forum Discuss slowpitch topics that don't fit in to other categories here!

What does the local D scene look like this year?

This is a discussion on What does the local D scene look like this year? within the General Slowpitch Softball Forum forums, part of the Softball Forums category!
Let's get some actual softball talk going in here. Universe is done. Yamin/Champagne/Chevy/Oil/Bagger is moving up as are the Stallions. ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2009, 02:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Red Shirt Freshman

Name: Max
Default What does the local D scene look like this year?

Let's get some actual softball talk going in here.

Universe is done. Yamin/Champagne/Chevy/Oil/Bagger is moving up as are the Stallions. Who will fill the voids in the power vacuum? Heard Loose Cannons were making a lot of moves as were the Donkeys. Who else?

Max Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 03:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Star Player

DJM is going to be very strong....

Jay Dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 03:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
Red Shirt Freshman

Originally Posted by Jay Dub
DJM is going to be very strong....
That's what I heard last year. Did they pick up new talent?
Old 01-01-2009, 03:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
Star Player

Name: Nate

yes they did max. i dont know who all but i know they have been working it.
No idea on who the loose cannons picked up
jokers reloaded should be pretty good. Had a good world showing and hadnt played much together. little chemistry goes a long way.
n8ss03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 03:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
Red Shirt Freshman

Originally Posted by n8ss03
yes they did max. i dont know who all but i know they have been working it.
No idea on who the loose cannons picked up
jokers reloaded should be pretty good. Had a good world showing and hadnt played much together. little chemistry goes a long way.
I like a lot of the Jokers RL guys but as a group, they've only known success so far. They've played what...5 games together? It's easy to like each other when you're playing well / better than expected. They definitely have some talent but I won't be sure about that team until they face some adversity together.
Old 01-01-2009, 03:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
SFZ Addict

Name: Kris

Originally Posted by Max Johnson
I like a lot of the Jokers RL guys but as a group, they've only known success so far. They've played what...5 games together? It's easy to like each other when you're playing well / better than expected. They definitely have some talent but I won't be sure about that team until they face some adversity together.

Thats pretty much every team nowadays. Players are moving from team to team more than the pros now. Gone are the days when teams stick together year after year.
Old 01-01-2009, 03:46 PM   #7 (permalink)

Nice to see the board back up! We have everyone coming back but one guy who is playing with the Donkeys. We picked up Jason Cady from Universe and one other guy who has not been in the usssa scene. Playing a primarily usssa schedule and hope to make some noise.
goodfellad17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 04:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
Red Shirt Freshman

Originally Posted by Gags
Thats pretty much every team nowadays. Players are moving from team to team more than the pros now. Gone are the days when teams stick together year after year.
I know what you mean. Universe was the last of a dying breed. I'm just saying that I've played with a new mix of guys and did well and we're all thinking "we should play with this combo of guys forever!" and then played with them 2 weeks later and the guy who was on fire is now useless and diving play guy is now Errorman and so on. Those guys came back from FL rightfully fired up after some immediate success when they were making pickups like a week before the tourney. It wasn't a team carefully contstructed over the off season or anything. I'm just waiting for a couple of tournies before I think they're as great as they played in FL. Nothing against those guys...I like all the guys on that team that I know (except Arnie) and root for their success when they're not playing me.
Old 01-01-2009, 04:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
Red Shirt Freshman

Originally Posted by goodfellas17
Nice to see the board back up! We have everyone coming back but one guy who is playing with the Donkeys. We picked up Jason Cady from Universe and one other guy who has not been in the usssa scene. Playing a primarily usssa schedule and hope to make some noise.
Bunch of goddamn thieves is what you are!
Old 01-01-2009, 05:33 PM   #10 (permalink)
Leading Off

Name: Mike

We're pretty much the same team, waiting to hear on a couple guys we asked to play with us. 2/3 are pretty much definites.