General Slowpitch Softball Forum Discuss slowpitch topics that don't fit in to other categories here!

What to do???

This is a discussion on What to do??? within the General Slowpitch Softball Forum forums, part of the Softball Forums category!
So I needed an ASA bat on short notice, went to local Craigslist, bought a 28oz ASA Miken Ultra (SOULTA) ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2013, 04:46 AM   #1 (permalink)
Star Player

Name: jimmy
Default What to do???

So I needed an ASA bat on short notice, went to local Craigslist, bought a 28oz ASA Miken Ultra (SOULTA) and went to game right after meeting the guy...long story short the bat was way better than any bat we had, even my ASA DB and my ST98...brought it home, weighed it and low and behold the bat weighs 26.5oz...I never thought to ask the tool I bought it from because I only paid $140 and it looked like it had 5 hits on it...

I text him ask him if it was cut and says, YEP by local guy (who I find out happens to be law enforcement)...

He won't take bat back, NOW WHAT???

I ain't using it as I had my fun back in the day so what does anyone do with the bat, I don't wanna sell it locally and wind up having someone use it against me...anyone think I can return it???

JIMMY34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 08:08 AM   #2 (permalink)

Name: Phillip

Ask the seller again, then when he refuses.

Cut it in half knob to end cap take pics post it on craigslist as is, listing who you bought it from. Probably wont get you any money back but little bit of public shaming should make you feel better. Dont mention the Doctor tho, no sense putting future money in his pocket.

Miken might want it just to see how the work was done if you go that route might get a credit towards a legal bat.

Last edited by Snowblind; 09-17-2013 at 08:11 AM.
Snowblind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Star Player

Name: Me

I would be pissed. I would make an effort to get my money back from the seller. If not, maybe use it as a teaching tool to impress upon the local league just how easy it is to do, how common it is, and how you can't tell simply by looking at a bat and hopefully help persuade them to start testing bats if they haven't already.

" Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest"
-Mahatma Ghandi
oppo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 01:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
SFZ Supporting Vendor

Name: Smarkley

Sell in So Cal cause no one gives shit?

Or shave ur ass and walk backwards?

Seriously I like the idea of showing local LDs but dont know if they even really care Jimmy. I have my doubts.....
Old 09-17-2013, 05:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
On The Team

Name: CB

Cut your losses. You never asked & you bought it as is off craigslist. Sucks, but it is what it is.

I’ve sold all my dirties. I used them for HR derbies/outlaw games, but I always found myself tempted to use them…I have used them on several occasions in league play against other teams with dirty players.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 05:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
Star Player

Name: jimmy

I wanna put it back on CL but I don't want anyone using it against me and I don't wanna take a loss...maybe have to go to a cut bat selling board...
JIMMY34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 07:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
Star Player

Name: Me

Not to condone it but there is always ebay. There are a bunch on there all the time. Of course, make sure to describe the bat as being shaved.

" Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest"
-Mahatma Ghandi
oppo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:35 PM   #8 (permalink)

Name: Daniel

put it on ebay and describe it as a homerun derby bat only. People will buy it for sure.
Email with questions [email protected]
Dgambill85 is offline   Reply With Quote