General Slowpitch Softball Forum Discuss slowpitch topics that don't fit in to other categories here!

What bats do you see shaved more in your area?


This is a discussion on What bats do you see shaved more in your area? within the General Slowpitch Softball Forum forums, part of the Softball Forums category!
Here you see some Mikens and Eastons but predominately Worth. I don't really understand why though as they are the ...




Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2011, 03:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
OG SFZ Member
 
Robby123's Avatar

 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Name: Robby
Location: South Ga.
Posts: 28
Default What bats do you see shaved more in your area?

Here you see some Mikens and Eastons but predominately Worth. I don't really understand why though as they are the least durable of the three(usually). Not talking about what you think is shaved I mean what you know is shaved.




Robby123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 04:02 AM   #2 (permalink)
OG SFZ Member

 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Name: Landon
Location: Section, AL
Posts: 116
Default

I know of a few mikens that have been shaved and two worths. There just isn't any eastons in this area much.
Lwa42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 04:03 AM   #3 (permalink)
Schmoozin Admin
 
Mattdawg18's Avatar

 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Name: Matt
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 7,408
Default

The composite ones.
Mattdawg18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 04:04 AM   #4 (permalink)
OG SFZ Member
 
Flyingpigs's Avatar

 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Name: Keith
Location: Tacompton
Posts: 119
Default

Mikens and Woths. With only 1/2 OZ taken out you cant hear a difference in the sound of the bat at all. Seems like it doesnt effect the life span much either. Seen a few shaved Super Freaks and MV1 last longer than their stock "cover up" bats.
Flyingpigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 04:31 AM   #5 (permalink)
OG SFZ Member
 
murc's Avatar

 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Name: Andy
Location: Nederland, TX
Posts: 143
Default

Worths, Worths, Worths. I'd say 90% of the Mikens around here are OG Freaks... the other 10% are Vicious's that are way hotter than they should be.
murc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 04:36 AM   #6 (permalink)
OG SFZ Member
 
fleet's Avatar

 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Name: Aaron
Location: CO
Posts: 2,966
Default

may98, may120
fleet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 04:59 AM   #7 (permalink)
Schmoozin Admin
 
Mattdawg18's Avatar

 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Name: Matt
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 7,408
Default

For some reason it's always mikens. Mainly Freaks, Freak LE's and there is one super glowy Super Freak.

Now painting......about two years ago some guy brings a Maniac 454 to a Utrip tourney, and is hitting bawmbs.
Mattdawg18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 05:33 AM   #8 (permalink)
OG SFZ Member


 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Name: Andy
Location: Anchorage
Posts: 63
Default

Whatever most of the upper league guys are swinging. If the guys in the lower leagues here are swinging glass, it ain't doing much for them.
__________________
rockstar-andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:18 AM   #9 (permalink)
OG SFZ Member


 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Name: gift
Location: MD/DC/NoVA
Posts: 43
Default

Those that I know of...mikens and eastons

maybe a bass or two, but I don't see many of those..
gift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 11:13 AM   #10 (permalink)
Administrator
 
CYCLONES_COACH's Avatar


 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Name: Heath
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 5,817
Default

Originally Posted by gift View Post
Those that I know of...mikens and eastons

maybe a bass or two, but I don't see many of those..
Do you shave a Bass just to get 1 hr swing out of it? I dont think they would last much longer that.
__________________
Clyde Cockamongus - 5 Time World Champion Kitty Pounder



Originally Posted by PaulieWalnuts View Post
Wearing crocs is like getting blown by a dude. Feels great until you look down and realize your gay.
CYCLONES_COACH is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 04:26 AM.