General Slowpitch Softball Forum Discuss slowpitch topics that don't fit in to other categories here!

War Wounds - Whats your worst?

This is a discussion on War Wounds - Whats your worst? within the General Slowpitch Softball Forum forums, part of the Softball Forums category!
20 years of mostly pitching. Broke my leg on a one hop in Cincy tourny. Being 5 hours away from ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2011, 03:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
Star Player

Name: Tom
Default War Wounds - Whats your worst?

20 years of mostly pitching. Broke my leg on a one hop in Cincy tourny. Being 5 hours away from home and the fact that I was the only guy on the team that could pitch the one pitch tourny I had to play 5 games on it. And yes I threw him out too son of a b***h.

Broke right wrist line drive to throwing arm side in Kankakee and yes also through that guy out (ouch).

Last year line drive folded my mitt in and jam broke my pinky finger inside my mitt. Didnt throw him out.

This year got one hopped in left knee bad bruise but continued and didnt throw that guy out and f***er never apologized to boot.
Also this year, looked really bad too and was, I took a really hard shot line drive In Joliet city tourny right square over my left nipple (can I say nipple?) straight into my heart. Ball rolled towards 2nd base and they threw the force out at 2nd. X-rays were negative but really pretty colors Ha.

Last edited by AVALANCHE#50; 09-20-2011 at 03:13 AM.
AVALANCHE#50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 04:17 AM   #2 (permalink)
OG SFZ Member

Name: Andy

Slid on field turf with shorts one time.. and that's all it took to convince me not to slide on that shit.... EVER.

Also got hit right in the back of the thigh while standing on 3rd base by a scalded line drive off of a 2000+ hit OG Freak being wielded by a mother funker who can smash..

Never broken any bones.. been pretty lucky in that regard. But my ankles have been trashed numerous times.

Still have a hard time fathoming getting a broken bone(at least in the legs) from a batted ball.. It must suck realllllly bad. I guess it's harder for me to wrap my mind around it because I have plenty of protection around my bones.

Last edited by murc; 09-20-2011 at 04:19 AM.
murc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 06:34 AM   #3 (permalink)
OG SFZ Member

One of those rare occasions where I played in shorts--we weren't even really keeping score. But I still took an extra base, slid into 3rd. Came home with this souvenir:
Old 09-20-2011, 02:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
Administrator

Last fall there was a pretty big dip in front of third base. The umpire made note before the game that the bag was a little unlevel and to be careful. Being the genius that I am, I tried to go first to third on a shallow hit to right. It was going to be a close play and I was afraid to slide because of the dip in front of the base. Instead I sort of leapt toward the bag and all my weight came down on the side of my foot and I totally cranked my ankle. I fell down screaming like a huge pussy. I was barely able to walk but finished the game. The kicker is that I hit the walkoff homerun with only one good leg. It was an awkward upper body swing with no stride but I was using an OG Freak with no paint left on it and it was 45*.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
Old 09-20-2011, 02:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
Star Player

^^^^^ Bird Gibson ^^^^^ ha
Old 09-20-2011, 04:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
OG SFZ Member

Name: Jeff

been run into the fence alot but THANK GOD never broke nor hurt anything...
Old 09-21-2011, 01:04 AM   #7 (permalink)
OG SFZ Member

Name: Nick

Sucks to get intured prayers to all that are hurt or have been hert.
Warpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 01:11 AM   #8 (permalink)
Star Player

Long pants can be your friend Offensively and Defensively.
Dragon13 likes this.

Last edited by AVALANCHE#50; 09-21-2011 at 01:30 AM.
Old 09-21-2011, 01:21 AM   #9 (permalink)
Star Player

Name: Me

I would like to say it was one of many nasty liners while pitching or one of many wicked hops playing third but the only ball that ever drew blood was a shallow fly ball hit by a woman during practice. I lost it in the lights but my dumb ass thought I could catch it anyways. I thought wrong and ended up getting several stitches. The worst part was that I hadn't gotten to bat yet.
oppo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 03:10 PM   #10 (permalink)
OG SFZ Member

Name: Aaron

I haven't had anything worse than a blister. I don't play hard enough to get injured.
fleet is offline   Reply With Quote