General Slowpitch Softball Forum Discuss slowpitch topics that don't fit in to other categories here!

USSSA Letter

This is a discussion on USSSA Letter within the General Slowpitch Softball Forum forums, part of the Softball Forums category!
To: USSSA New York Men Slow Pitch Teams I would like to thank everyone for an outstanding 2010 season. There ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2011, 05:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Leading Off

Name: Robert
Default USSSA Letter

To: USSSA New York Men Slow Pitch Teams I would like to thank everyone for an outstanding 2010 season. There were many changes made in the structure of the NY USSSA Organization which I hope helped to make things better. As my first year as the State Administrator I learned a lot. I need to thank the State Directors, Rick Marz, Dave Kasouf and Bob Reed for the excellent job they did in each of their regions. Also would like to thank John DeMagistris for the job he did as Secretary and with team Classifications. There are many others that make the whole thing work such a league and tournament directors, umpires and the many organizations that work with the USSSA. We had the best year ever in slow pitch in regards to teams, tournaments and umpires. Now to the 2011 season that is here already. There are several things I would like to review for the upcoming season. 1. The first is that of classification of teams: a. Teams need to play at correct level. No team can have more than 3 players from a higher class on their roster or they need to move up. Currently I know of 3 teams that will need to play up as the roster shows more than 3 players of a higher level. b. There will be some exceptions to this rule based on input from State and Area Directors. I understand that someone that sponsors the team or coaches a team may be on the roster that never plays which we will take into consideration. c. Players that are on a automatic move up list must play up - with the rule that 3 player can play on a lower roster some players stay down and never do play up, but they are still considered a player at the higher level which counts against the team total. d. I will do the best I can with these classifications, and I know I will hear from other teams if I make a determination that they do not feel is right. I hope to get it right and will make adjustments as the season goes on. Please register in the proper class as it will help. We need to do this to grow the program and get new teams to play at the lower levels. 2. The New York State Cup: a. In 2011 the state will be holding the New York Cup Competition and will reward the highest team by points in the C, D and E programs. b. Points will be from tournaments only based on the USSSA point system. All points earned in a New York Tournament will be double and all points earned out of state will remain at the level earned for that tournament. Teams must play in both the state and national tournament. c. The money will come from tournament directors that will pay $2 per team into the fund that will be paid out to the 1st place team in each division. 20% to the C team, and 40% to D and 40% to the E team. d. We are working to get other prizes for 2nd - 4th place and these will be announced as they are confirmed with sponsors. The following link will take you to the New York State web site for more information: http://www.nysusssa.com/index.php?op...&id=40&catid=1 e. Teams will receive their prizes at their respective World Series. The cash prize is for your team to use as you wish. 3. 2011 points: a. In order for team to get points in 2011, your roster must be online within 5 day of the tournament played. After July 1st, no points are awarded if the roster is not online prior to the tournament. This is the new national rule and part of the online system. 4. Bats: a. I know the bats are a topic of conversation every year and everyone would like to be able to solve the problem. Currently USSSA is working with the bat manufacturers and this will be the last year (Dec 31, 2011) that the current composite will be made. The plan is to allow the bats for 1 additional year (2012) before they are no longer able to be used in USSSA play. The new bats will be made so that they will show if the bats are shaved, rolled or have excess use which make them exceed the 1.20 factor. As more information is available it will be put onto both the USSSA and New York USSSA web sites. 5. World Tournaments: a. As a team becomes eligible for the World Events, they will be notified as to what needs to be done to secure a spot in the tournament. Anyone winning a NIT berth must sign for the berth that day or the berth will be passed down that day to the next highest team that does not have a berth. If you do not get the form - contact myself or one of the state directors immediately so you do not lose the berth. Teams must play in both the State and National Tournaments. Please let me know if you have any questions or let me know how New York USSSA might be able to make things better. I am still learning and do not have all the answers, so I welcome input from teams and directors. Let's have a great season and good luck to everyone! Gary Godden USSSA New York State Administrator [email protected]

Bono31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 05:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
OG SFZ Member

Name: Brian

so...who are the 3 teams?
bis25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 05:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Leading Off

Originally Posted by bis25 View Post
so...who are the 3 teams?
Well the fact they they say 3 players now, and no longer 4, I would think Bingers, and Pipe are 2 of them.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Name: Tom

Originally Posted by Bono31 View Post
Well the fact they they say 3 players now, and no longer 4, I would think Bingers, and Pipe are 2 of them.
Nothing has changed. It says if you have "more than 3", which has always been the rule.
Tom29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 05:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
Leading Off

Originally Posted by Tom29 View Post
Nothing has changed. It says if you have "more than 3", which has always been the rule.
missed the "more than"
Old 02-24-2011, 05:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Nice Irish Guy

Name: Rich

That wall of text hurt my eyes
IrishRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 06:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
Leading Off

Originally Posted by Bono31 View Post
Wonder if this is based solely on last years classifications?

RAC could be on the radar as they have 1 autobump guy and a couple that have been part of auto bumps over the past number of years.

Didn't look to see who is and who isn't registered.

Good thing we adjusted that schedule!!
Milo33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 06:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

Name: Al

So in other words we are a D team no matter what???
Puco24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 06:13 PM   #9 (permalink)
Leading Off

Didn't Foxy play in the D Worlds? Maybe the Rollers are the 3rd.

Sounds like it Puco. No more ejections. Just hit and sit now!!!
Milo33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 06:14 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

Name: Al

Originally Posted by Milo33 View Post
Didn't Foxy play in the D Worlds? Maybe the Rollers are the 3rd.

Sounds like it Puco. No more ejections. Just hit and sit now!!!
LOL, I only hit 4 all year last year...
Puco24 is offline   Reply With Quote