General Slowpitch Softball Forum Discuss slowpitch topics that don't fit in to other categories here!

Universe what happened Sunday?

This is a discussion on Universe what happened Sunday? within the General Slowpitch Softball Forum forums, part of the Softball Forums category!
This is posted from somewhere else, I left before the championship. Is this guy just pissed you moved guys around ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2007, 01:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Leading Off

Default Universe what happened Sunday?

This is posted from somewhere else, I left before the championship. Is this guy just pissed you moved guys around to have some fun?

Re(4): Vernon tourny
IP: 68.15.54.139
Posted on 7/31/2007 at 08:59:39 AM by soup

The umps did a great job. I am not impressed with the behavior of the winners.You would expect more class from a team as good as them.

Old 07-31-2007, 02:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
On The Team

Name: Sean

Cuse
I am guessing it would be either the pitcher from the team in the finals or someone from that team (I don't know the teams name sorry). Here's the info we were up and close to leaving them on the field had 2 guy's on and Benny was up looking to hit our 2nd homerun to end the game. The pitcher threw a pitch 2-3 feet high Benny runs up and hits one at the pitcher (I think he was to far behind the plate to get to that low of a pitch) and then they start talking about how the middle is now open. Benny tried to explain that he wasn't trying to shoot the middle that he was trying to hit a homerun but they didn't care (which is there right). And after the game when we were high fiving each other the pitcher skipped right past Benny so then there were words said end of story. Sean #18
spesoftball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 02:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Star Player

Name: Ken

Are you referring to this guy?

KennyH123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 02:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
On The Team

That's the guy King of Patterson.
Old 07-31-2007, 02:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
Leading Off

Originally Posted by spesoftball
Cuse
I am guessing it would be either the pitcher from the team in the finals or someone from that team (I don't know the teams name sorry). Here's the info we were up and close to leaving them on the field had 2 guy's on and Benny was up looking to hit our 2nd homerun to end the game. The pitcher threw a pitch 2-3 feet high Benny runs up and hits one at the pitcher (I think he was to far behind the plate to get to that low of a pitch) and then they start talking about how the middle is now open. Benny tried to explain that he wasn't trying to shoot the middle that he was trying to hit a homerun but they didn't care (which is there right). And after the game when we were high fiving each other the pitcher skipped right past Benny so then there were words said end of story. Sean #18

What a joke, you guys hit the IF holes all day and barelly hit middle. Regardless its part of the game and with those balls you had plenty of time to react.
Old 07-31-2007, 02:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
SFZ Legend

Name: sparky
Default haha

they yelled middle's open to universe...??? WOW!!! and yes ,that deserves caps lock...

"it's all about ME!!!"
sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 02:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
1st Place Bruins

I had fun playing Universe on Sunday. They hit a few shots up the middle but I don't think any of them were on purpose.
DaveTBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 03:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
On The Team

We did hit well on Sunday. I know it's part of the game but I guess he didn't like it. I don't think there were many balls hit in the middle so I don't understand why they got so upset (now if it was jackpot hitting the middle with a homerun left then I might understand). I didn't think the balls were that bad (I am only a part time player now a days so I am not aware of the balls being used at these tournaments) because I was able to hit one out on Sunday.
Old 07-31-2007, 03:02 PM   #9 (permalink)
Leading Off

Why not hit middle on purpose if your bats legit? when your playing on a 280ft park with shit balls middle is always open
Old 07-31-2007, 03:07 PM   #10 (permalink)
On The Team

Yes sparky they yelled the middle is now open but to there credit they didn't hit a ball up the middle. Dave TBH is correct in the game we played them there were a couple of balls hit up the middle but not looking to hurt anyone (I think our pitcher took one in the leg against his team I could be wrong and nothing was said) easy for me to say since I was in left field when he got hit