General Slowpitch Softball Forum Discuss slowpitch topics that don't fit in to other categories here!

Universe Beats Rac-Novell

This is a discussion on Universe Beats Rac-Novell within the General Slowpitch Softball Forum forums, part of the Softball Forums category!
I Just got the final from CT.... Universe Beat Rac.... They did not loose a game all day...... They avg ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2007, 02:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
On The Team

Default Universe Beats Rac-Novell

I Just got the final from CT.... Universe Beat Rac.... They did not loose a game all day...... They avg 22 runs per game......

Diablo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 12:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Leading Off

Name: Chezz

Wasn't this a one-day? So Univrese won the NIT. Keep racking up those points so you don't get a bad draw in the worlds.
chezz87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 03:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Leading Off

Nice job guys, When I walked by it looked like you guys were missing alot of guys. Was your whole team there? Nice job
Old 06-03-2007, 04:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
BTB

Default Universe!

Great job in the NIT. Chezzzzzzzz... points are basically irrelevant.. you could potentially play the BEST team in the tourney whether you have the MOST U-Trip pts, the least or anywhere in the middle!
Old 06-03-2007, 06:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
Red Shirt Freshman

Name: Max

I give pts a little more credit than that. Unless you get really unlucky in the draw, they definitely improve your chances at an easier first round game to get your feet on the ground.

We had just about the whole team there yesterday. One guy came up late. This was the first time in years that we came out strong in the first game. I guess focusing on a strong start really helped us out. I think everybody on the team except maybe 1 guy had a good offensive day and it was something to behold. A lot of fun playing when you're firing on all cylinders like that.
Old 06-03-2007, 07:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
Red Shirt Freshman

Name: Max

From what I understand, yesterday was basically just the Novell guys and the RAC's stayed home. Next weekend in Syracuse will be the opposite. Probably be all upstate guys. Whether it'll be last year's RAC aka the mandatory bump up to C group I have no idea. Again - this is what I heard second or third hand at the very least so I could be completely off base here.

Anyway, kudos and thanks to those Novell guys for helping to avoid a potentially ugly situation when we had a ball go through the middle when we were up a bunch of runs. Later on there was a misunderstanding when somebody said "awesome" about a guy's hustle on a ball hit up the middle when it could have easily been misconstrued as "awesome" that the pitcher got hit in the leg. The Novells showed a lot of class in those two games. Thanks to them.
Old 06-03-2007, 08:11 PM   #7 (permalink)

Default Misunderstanding

Yes i did not say awesome because our hitter went up the middle. I'm not that type of player and have never been. I would never root for anyone shooting middle and congratulating for it. I simply meant nice hustle and i understand how it could have been misconstrued. Anyway I've played against novell a few times including last year and they have always been a class act and look forward to playing great competition again in the future.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:42 AM   #8 (permalink)
On The Team

Name: Billy

Good job boys on a great tournment this weekend. BTW Mike you smoke like a fag.
jackpot13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 01:32 AM   #9 (permalink)
SM21

Default good job Universe / GenX

Good games yesterday and way to hit . You guys really killed the ball in both games . I'm just glad the incidents didn't get out of hand . Good job again and good luck the rest of the year .
Old 06-04-2007, 03:13 AM   #10 (permalink)

Default Smoke like a fag.

Originally Posted by jackpot13
Good job boys on a great tournment this weekend. BTW Mike you smoke like a fag.
What can I say you guys play with a fag. Can our team be any more fucked up...lol...Great tournament! Best win of my short softball career thus far.