General Slowpitch Softball Forum Discuss slowpitch topics that don't fit in to other categories here!

Trouble reading?

This is a discussion on Trouble reading? within the General Slowpitch Softball Forum forums, part of the Softball Forums category!
The Stamford HR Derby is Wednesday, August 10, 6:15pm. It's the make up date from the rainout last month. Participants ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2005, 06:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
csp24

Default Stamford, CT HR Derby - Wednesday, August 10 @ 6:15pm

The Stamford HR Derby is Wednesday, August 10, 6:15pm. It's the make up date from the rainout last month. Participants will get 10 swings for an opportunity to win one of 4 Worth Mayhems. Cost is $15. Everyone gets a t-shirt. Balls are 53COR/600 Compression. All bats are legal.

HR Derby is Sponsored by the City of Stamford, Worth Sports, Instant Replay Sports, Harborview Auto Sales, Finescape Landscaping, CT Sportsplex and Softball Magazine.

Two fields with 2 divisions at each field.

Field 1: Industrial and Rec players from Stamford. Tourney players that don't think they can hang with the big boys also. Two divisions: 200 lbs or more and less than 200lbs. 2 ASA Mayhems and $250 as prizes.

Field 2: Tourney players and players in our A league. 2 ASA Mayhems and cash prizes. Same thing as field one with the two weight divisions

We will be hitting 12 dozen Evil 53 COR/600 Compression Softballs. Balls will be flying.

If interested, email me at [email protected] and I'll sign you up and send directions.

Directions to Cummings Park

Old 06-16-2005, 08:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
joey300z

Default Re: Stamford, CT HR Derby

what bats are allowed
Old 06-16-2005, 09:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
Flipper08

DEF. interested email me [email protected] w/ specifics. Im no longer a long ball hitter or at least I dont try anymore. But I would like to see if I still got it.
Old 06-16-2005, 09:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Max Johnson

When he says email me, you can't go back and say "no - you email me". Nothing ever gets done that way.
Old 06-16-2005, 09:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
chezz87

Is it bring your own pitcher or is one supplied? and a repeat on the bats allowed question.
Old 06-16-2005, 10:03 PM   #6 (permalink)
csp24

It is bring your own pitcher but there is usually a bunch hanging around that'll pitch if you ask them.

All bats are legal. It's not quite as easy as people think either, even with the evil balls. You still have to hit the ball over the fence. We've been using 47/525 balls for years and the winner usually wins with around 7 or 8 hrs. For the past 2 or 3 years, the Ultra is the bat of choice!
Old 06-16-2005, 10:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
STICKBALLER 9

IS ANYONE ALLOWED TO GET IN?
Old 06-16-2005, 10:38 PM   #8 (permalink)
Flipper08

How far are the fences?
Old 06-16-2005, 10:52 PM   #9 (permalink)
chezz87

fences are roughly 290-300, if memory serves me correct. Anybody can get in.
Old 06-16-2005, 11:59 PM   #10 (permalink)
Max Johnson

Even damn stickballers can play.

The bat to swing is an Ultra or a Shaved PST.

Jesus...an Ultra with these balls? Balls are going to go 4 bills easily.

You need somebody to get a good tape of the whole thing and pull video on the best shots and post it on the site.