General Slowpitch Softball Forum Discuss slowpitch topics that don't fit in to other categories here!

Tell your best FAIL stories from the field.

This is a discussion on Tell your best FAIL stories from the field. within the General Slowpitch Softball Forum forums, part of the Softball Forums category!
Last summer in the playoffs, bottom of the 7th, 2 outs...man on 2nd. I was at bat. The fielders shifted ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2011, 05:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Name: Andy
Default Tell your best FAIL stories from the field.

Last summer in the playoffs, bottom of the 7th, 2 outs...man on 2nd. I was at bat. The fielders shifted far to the left side and I decided to try and judy one in to right. Well, instead I popped up to the catcher...

As if that wasn't bad enough I went to get out of the way and tripped over my own bat and fell on my ass in a cloud of dust. As I layed on my back some fat guy(spectator) was laughing at me from behind the backstop. I jumped up and yelled "What the fuck are you laughing at, fatass..."

I then proceeded to "throw"(in my defense it was more of a disgusted toss) my bat toward the dugout....and got tossed. 2 game suspension.

FAIL

Old 09-09-2011, 07:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Leading Off

Name: Bud

Picking up on a team in the spring at North vs South. Bases loaded no outs down 4. I convinced coach to put me in to hit. I was supposed to hit a bomb. Pitch was outside and like an idiot I tried to pull it out. Only to ground in to a 1-6-3 DP. We lose a couple batters later.
Fudbelty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 07:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
Star Player

Name: Tom

Bird. My wife bout peed in her pants laughing at yours LoL. My worst blunder was as follows: Given, we were down by 5 runs, 7th inning and things were pretty bleak. Runners on 2nd and I was on 1st, 2 outs. Batter hits an easy liner to 2nd base side of the pitchers mound and the pitcher catches it to end the game. I walk to the middle of the field to shake the pitchers hand and line up to do the traditional high 5's. The pitcher tags me for the true out number 3 because there was only 1 out not 2. Yea I was looking for a hole in the ground to put my head in like an ostrich cartoon. True leadership from the teams coach LoL.
AVALANCHE#50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 09:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Administrator

Originally Posted by AVALANCHE#50 View Post
Bird. My wife bout peed in her pants laughing at yours LoL. My worst blunder was as follows: Given, we were down by 5 runs, 7th inning and things were pretty bleak. Runners on 2nd and I was on 1st, 2 outs. Batter hits an easy liner to 2nd base side of the pitchers mound and the pitcher catches it to end the game. I walk to the middle of the field to shake the pitchers hand and line up to do the traditional high 5's. The pitcher tags me for the true out number 3 because there was only 1 out not 2. Yea I was looking for a hole in the ground to put my head in like an ostrich cartoon. True leadership from the teams coach LoL.
lol, weren't you out anyway for being out of the base path?
Old 09-09-2011, 09:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
Administrator

Oh i forgot to mention the best part: the "fat" guy was the owner of the landscaping company that sponsored our team in full.
Old 09-09-2011, 10:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
Leading Off

Originally Posted by BIRDMAN View Post
lol, weren't you out anyway for being out of the base path?
No. You make your own base path. Your three feet to each side doesn't apply until a play is being made on you pretty much.
Old 09-09-2011, 10:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
Star Player

Name: Tom

^^^ It mattered not, I looked really dumb to all for the mistake ^^^

I've got another Fail story that happened to the other team we were playing once but Ill wait till after post #20 to throw it out there. (dont ask me why cause I dont even know why)
AVALANCHE#50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:07 PM   #8 (permalink)
Leading Off

Originally Posted by AVALANCHE#50 View Post
^^^ It mattered not, I looked really dumb to all for the mistake ^^^

I've got another Fail story that happened to the other team we were playing once but Ill wait till after post #20 to throw it out there. (dont ask me why cause I dont even know why)
No faith that the Bird's thread will make it that far.
Old 09-10-2011, 04:32 AM   #9 (permalink)
Schmoozin Admin

Name: Matt

Well my fail actually became one of my greatest memories to be honest.

About a month or so ago I had a DH'er. My youngest daughter came with me. She saw me hit two dingers in the first game. She said, after closing her mouth from the astonishment, "Daddy, I know you say you hit HR's, but I never thought they went that far."

Anyway, fast forward to the second game. Tight and low scoring game. Bases loaded in the 4th, one hit opens the game right up......AND I FUCKING K, SWINGING NO LESS. I wanted to crawl in a hole.....especially because my sweet little mini-me 8 year old is LOL'ing. Thank god there was no pink shirt on this team.

Move to the 7th, 5-5, man on 1st. I lace a double off the fence, my guy slides in safe just ahead of the throw. BALLGAME. The team splits off between going to the plate and towards me at second. The guys who are coming out to me are moving to the side a bit. Because my daughter is elbowing her way through them to be the first out to me to hug and congratulate me. Best moment on a ballfield.....EVER.
Mattdawg18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 04:51 AM   #10 (permalink)
OG SFZ Member

Name: Cha

Does'nt sound like a fail to me at all. Good work.
chacha15 is offline   Reply With Quote