General Slowpitch Softball Forum Discuss slowpitch topics that don't fit in to other categories here!

Swing speed vs. Muscle

This is a discussion on Swing speed vs. Muscle within the General Slowpitch Softball Forum forums, part of the Softball Forums category!
Nice board you all have going here, and obviously my first post.. participation trophy? After 28 years, I"ve just gotten ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2018, 04:37 AM   #1 (permalink)

Name: Kenneth
Default Swing speed vs. Muscle

Nice board you all have going here, and obviously my first post.. participation trophy?

After 28 years, I"ve just gotten back into the game, loved the game, but some how just fell out of it, been playing some very competitive tennis so I swing still pretty good.. except I don't, Have swung at about 30 pitches and I"ve made good contact, ball doesn't go very far, perhaps 200 feet at the most. Fondly remember crushing balls, driving them, now they just loft up into the air.

However, my question is and this comes from watching some of these guys on you tube.. who are all huge it seems and they crush the ball.. that Big Mike Williams.. damn.

My question is though, is it bat speed, or is it muscles that you need to crush these balls?.. Are these big guys doing it with technique(good)? I mean can a 150 lb guy with the same bat speed, hit as hard and far as a 6'3 guy at 250, (both have the same bat)?

Batman ^v^ is offline   Reply With Quote