General Slowpitch Softball Forum Discuss slowpitch topics that don't fit in to other categories here!

Stupidity. Shaved bats if your team wins

This is a discussion on Stupidity. Shaved bats if your team wins within the General Slowpitch Softball Forum forums, part of the Softball Forums category!
So our team won a tourney in north tx this weekend. I was just waiting till the shit talking started ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2011, 08:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
OG SFZ Member

Name: chance
Default Stupidity. Shaved bats if your team wins

So our team won a tourney in north tx this weekend. I was just waiting till the shit talking started on our area message board. its started accusing us of swinging shaved bats. Does any other area have this problem?

chancechatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 08:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
OG SFZ Member

Name: Anthony

its in all areas chance, people have been saying that about S2O before you started playing with them. A while back, they would only swing that freak and MV1. Not saying there shaved, I think S20 are stand up guys, but people question things like that. It didnt just start today though.
meskin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 08:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
Administrator

Name: Andy

oh my god yes. it starts even before the game is over. if you hit a homerun more than 310' the other team starts chirping about it. the problem is that low-talent players can't respect what talent looks like and just automatically assume if you're better than they are you must be swinging shaved. it's not the 200 BP swings a weekend you take while they are at home on their ass, nope, it's the bat.
BIRDMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 08:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Administrator

congrats on the win btw
Old 08-15-2011, 08:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
OG SFZ Member

yea. pretty much everyone swung a brand new fx700 my z or my or my brother in laws red mayhems both are stock mines about to break so its hot like fiya.. bryce the ss i can tell u for a fact doesnt swing shaved hes tha one that hit tha pitcher in the shin. we think thats prally whos posting. or the pitcher for unique that came and hit bp with us one day and wanted us to come play on his team and we said no and now i know he cant hit anything except down the line and he swings shaved so he doesnt have any room to talk.. i almost hit him in the shin not on purpose and he stared at me the whole way down to first i looked at him and smiled.. people are stupid and now want us to enter the stock bat tourney lol..
Old 08-15-2011, 08:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
OG SFZ Member

thanks bird.. and hell its e ball a homerun is an inning ending out plus an offensive ejection.. if i was going to swing shaved it sure as heck wouldnt be in e.. it stupid that half our team can place balls and the other half holds back tryin not to hit bombs and still we swing shaved lol.. i guess it means were good were gettin tha ish talked already.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
OG SFZ Member

Name: Anthony

your SS is just a big dude who can hit the piss out of the ball. I dont question any of your guys, thats how the sport goes, if we would have beat sinister, im sure people would have been talking.
meskin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 08:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
OG SFZ Member

lol i dont doubt it.. i cant wait till we can hit hrs how many people will be talking.. the guy that was playin second for us can flat kill the ball.. he looked silly sat cuz he was so worried about hittin one out.. his first shot was oppo about 355 in the first game
Old 08-15-2011, 08:41 PM   #9 (permalink)
OG SFZ Member

Name: Gail

It amazes me how no one ever blames the bat manufacturers ..

I have a question ... how do you honestly know if your bats are legal ? Just because you took the wrapper off of them and never touched them except for swinging them at an at bat doesn't mean they are not above the set limits.

Altered bats are a problem. No doubt .. but many many bats not only fail bat compression tests, they are not legal according to the rule. Not everyone tests said bats .. so instantly, a hard hit ball makes softball player (and others) wonder 'IF' ..
AJ22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 08:46 PM   #10 (permalink)
Administrator

Originally Posted by AJ22 View Post
It amazes me how no one ever blames the bat manufacturers ..

I have a question ... how do you honestly know if your bats are legal ? Just because you took the wrapper off of them and never touched them except for swinging them at an at bat doesn't mean they are not above the set limits.

Altered bats are a problem. No doubt .. but many many bats not only fail bat compression tests, they are not legal according to the rule. Not everyone tests said bats .. so instantly, a hard hit ball makes softball player (and others) wonder 'IF' ..
it's a good point, but the fact still remains is that the "losers" always tend to somehow blame the bats rather than conceding to the fact that they lost to a better team.

hell, we have a kid that uses this monster 14" glove at short stop, and if he makes a good play guys are like "yeah, nice glove..." It's like what dude? A guy makes a back handed stab and proceeds to throw you out while on the run and you're gonna take that away from him? maybe you should have been running out of the box instead of jogging down the line.