General Slowpitch Softball Forum Discuss slowpitch topics that don't fit in to other categories here!

state of the union

This is a discussion on state of the union within the General Slowpitch Softball Forum forums, part of the Softball Forums category!
Sort of... How's the year been? Rise and fall of leagues? Tourneys? Give me some updates. I'll start. League: one ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2014, 06:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
hb2
Mod'ing aint Easy

Name: Jay
Default state of the union

Sort of...

How's the year been? Rise and fall of leagues? Tourneys?
Give me some updates.

I'll start.

League: one that I have played in for 15 years finally folded. So long fall league. It was a good run. And another is starting up... gsl unlimited. Should be interesting.

Tournament: well... the original roster from March will finally be the field in Michigan this weekend. Its been a tough year.

hb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 06:46 PM   #2 (permalink)

Name: D J

Stared off great
One my one and only REAL tourney in March
Downhill from there. League sux, bat bag stolen, busted up foot...re-injured at rec tourney, ready to play 3 fall ball leagues on one leg!!! Whooo Hooo!
oilslick58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 11:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
OG SFZ Member

Name: B

Won 3 out of 4 leagues, came in 3rd in a couple tourneys and starting to have some knee issues that I have to get looked at. Will play our short fall league here over the next month then get ready for ski season. Had my poorest offensive season based on my strength and shitty balls. They are just not as fun say what you will. Going to re-commit to getting in better shape but still going to scale it back a little next year and moving forward and 'diversify my portfolio'. More biking, hiking, fishing and maybe a little golf.

Other than that, life is spiffy. Won't catch me complaining.
Stork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 03:56 AM   #4 (permalink)

Name: Bob

Won leauge. Got a t shirt and plaque.
Won tourney after leauge. Got a t shirt and trophy
Fall starts next week. Hopefully win another t shirt and plaque
U234bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 04:35 AM   #5 (permalink)

Name: Jesse

League - refused to play in an ASA league up the road, ended up filling in every game. At least I didn't pay to get my eyes fucked out. Men's here in town was a wash with only 4 teams, and there is no men's at all in the fall. Just coed which starts Monday. Got screwed out of playing in a very competitive DH league because of our local LD telling us league would be one night then changed it without telling anyone, then they wound up being on the same night. /rant

Tournaments - have gone pretty well this year for the most part. Had a rough go at NSA Silver state but that's really it. Had several tournaments of making 4 or less outs on the day. Took 2nd places 3 times and 1 3rd once. Still have 4 or 5 left to try and get dat gold.
LSX Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 06:15 AM   #6 (permalink)

Name: Phillip

Played 3 nights all 3 teams managed to play out of first place into 4th at the end of the season. We managed to work one team into the Champ of Champs- tied for 5th out of 48. Fall ball started wed, split the double header with 6 starters on vacation and a fill in leaving in the 4th inning of the second game.

managed to make it this far with out strawberries, but did manage to rip open 2 good sized blisters on the back of each heel. bye week coming up so no worries work will suck tho.

I have enjoyed the season thus far. getting old should start doing some extra cardio for prep of next year.
Snowblind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 03:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
Star Player

Name: Me

I have cut back to 2 leagues and won both but tournaments are a fond memory until I can get rid of this damned plantar fasciitis. It sucks ass.

" Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest"
-Mahatma Ghandi
oppo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 03:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
hb2
Mod'ing aint Easy

Name: Jay

Yeah that will slow u down
hb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 03:50 PM   #9 (permalink)
On The Team

Name: CB

League: monday nights got the boot then they done away with it. Now there's only 2 league nights with more teams but extremely stacked at the top. Trying to keep a consistent team together that shows up really.

Tourneys: nothing fancy played in a few did real well about as far as I want to go really.

Not a soul will practice with me so I basically hit off a tee or toss balls to myself which makes me inconsistent hitting wise.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 03:53 PM   #10 (permalink)
On The Team

Name: CB

Originally Posted by oppo View Post
I have cut back to 2 leagues and won both but tournaments are a fond memory until I can get rid of this damned plantar fasciitis. It sucks ass.
Any thing to do with your foot is annoying to deal with
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote