General Slowpitch Softball Forum Discuss slowpitch topics that don't fit in to other categories here!

Sportsplex last night

This is a discussion on Sportsplex last night within the General Slowpitch Softball Forum forums, part of the Softball Forums category!
I figured I would try to get some people going in here, because it is way to quiet in here. ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2009, 03:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Leading Off

Name: Robert
Default Sportsplex last night

I figured I would try to get some people going in here, because it is way to quiet in here.

I walk into the Sportsplex Batting Cage last night to meet JD34, to sell a bat too. And who is there, but the HEADBANGERS!!!! Talk about a 2 for. I get to see JD, and my man Jerry Roselli, at the same time.

Anyhow Jerry must of rented out the whole place, because he was working the microphone announcing each guy as they stepped into the cage, and listed everyones lifetime stats with the HeadBangers. Among the newly looked Headbangers for 2009, I saw Giovi, Coop, K-Dogg, MattDawg, Rick Hamma, and a few others who I am not thinking of at the moment.

Looked like one hell of a batting practice session! On the way out, I heard someone say to Jerry, to see if they can have the machine set to throw curveballs, for when Jerry gets in the cage. Not sure who said it though..........:hyper:

Bono31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 03:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
OG SFZ Member

Name: Brian

Originally Posted by Bono31 View Post
I figured I would try to get some people going in here, because it is way to quiet in here.

I walk into the Sportsplex Batting Cage last night to meet JD34, to sell a bat too. And who is there, but the HEADBANGERS!!!! Talk about a 2 for. I get to see JD, and my man Jerry Roselli, at the same time.

Anyhow Jerry must of rented out the whole place, because he was working the microphone announcing each guy as they stepped into the cage, and listed everyones lifetime stats with the HeadBangers. Among the newly looked Headbangers for 2009, I saw Giovi, Coop, K-Dogg, MattDawg, Rick Hamma, and a few others who I am not thinking of at the moment.

Looked like one hell of a batting practice session! On the way out, I heard someone say to Jerry, to see if they can have the machine set to throw curveballs, for when Jerry gets in the cage. Not sure who said it though..........:hyper:
What time was this? I drove by around 7 and the place looked packed. It looked like there was a line to get it and to think I thought someone famous was there...
bis25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 03:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Leading Off

Originally Posted by bis25 View Post
What time was this? I drove by around 7 and the place looked packed. It looked like there was a line to get it and to think I thought someone famous was there...
this was after 9.....the line may have been for the Headbangers, but then again it may have just been for the man that they call "Primetime". I heard he went 9-10 with 3 Hrs after the first game 2 weeks ago. And if you did not know, Matty is 19!
Old 03-05-2009, 03:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
Leading Off

Name: Phil

why would you think this would get anyone going?? he does it ALL the time....
Old 03-05-2009, 03:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
Leading Off

good point Phil, very shocked to see that you were not there.
Old 03-05-2009, 03:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
Star Player

Name: Joan

were the HB signing authographs?!?! shit! i missed it!! :no:
Joanie20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 03:48 PM   #7 (permalink)

Name: Kush

What the hell were all of you guys doing in Ct last night?

:New_York_Yankees: :Tampa_Bay_Buccaneer :New_York_Rangers:
Kush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 03:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
Schmoozin Admin

Name: Matt

Originally Posted by Kush View Post
What the hell were all of you guys doing in Ct last night?
Kush, I expect more or at least better from you. That sucked.
Old 03-05-2009, 03:56 PM   #9 (permalink)

Name: Kush

Originally Posted by Mattdawg18 View Post
Kush, I expect more or at least better from you. That sucked.

I thought I was going to hear some good gossip about another ct incident when I saw the title of the thread. Instead I had to read stupid HB shit. Damn you Bono!!!

:New_York_Yankees: :Tampa_Bay_Buccaneer :New_York_Rangers:
Kush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 03:57 PM   #10 (permalink)
Leading Off

Name: Phil

good point Phil, very shocked to see that you were not there.

shocked? why.. that was jerry's true HB summer team... I would never infringe on their BP. And besides, I've come to know them a bit.. lots of secret handshakes, code words and reference to the male penis .....so it's best I stay away....