Softball Forum - Slow Pitch Softball Forums > Softball Forums > General Slowpitch Softball Forum » So how many nights a week will you be playing in '14?

General Slowpitch Softball Forum Discuss slowpitch topics that don't fit in to other categories here!

So how many nights a week will you be playing in '14?

This is a discussion on So how many nights a week will you be playing in '14? within the General Slowpitch Softball Forum forums, part of the Softball Forums category!
Just found out our compnay will be paying the team fee for a company team (they wouldn't this year) so ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2013, 06:58 PM   #1 (permalink)

Name: Gern
Default So how many nights a week will you be playing in '14?

Just found out our compnay will be paying the team fee for a company team (they wouldn't this year) so now, at least starting in spring in '14, I have mens Monday, company Tuesday, Coed Weds - plus I fill in on a mens team on Sunday and another team that starts on Fridays in summer. Whoo hoo!

Chimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:10 PM   #2 (permalink)

Name: Clint

Nice! It's always nice to play for free, so good on the company for picking up the tab.

I play double headers every Thursday and Sunday in spring and summer and may be getting on a team that plays on Tuesdays in spring and summer as well. This doesn't include tourneys which should be probably once per month hopefully. My military team also plays spring league which should be two games per week on Monday Tuesday or Wednesday. Good thing for me is that Thursdays and Sundays leagues are paid for by the sponsors and military ball is free!
DocB04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:39 PM   #3 (permalink)

Originally Posted by DocB04 View Post
Nice! It's always nice to play for free, so good on the company for picking up the tab.

Actually here in Nor CA, we have the most expensive softball anywhere in the country. The leagues have a team fee then each players pays a "residence fee" on top, so our company is paying the $800 team fee, then each person playing still is paying $25 a piece to play. $25 is a great price for 15 games but not free. On my other team in that league, each person is paying $75 a piece.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
Star Player

Name: jimmy

Originally Posted by Chimpy View Post
Actually here in Nor CA, we have the most expensive softball anywhere in the country. The leagues have a team fee then each players pays a "residence fee" on top, so our company is paying the $800 team fee, then each person playing still is paying $25 a piece to play. $25 is a great price for 15 games but not free. On my other team in that league, each person is paying $75 a piece.
About 1/2 what teams pay on Long Island, NY...$2000+ league fee for 16-20 games, PLUS each team has to pay $45 for umpires for each double header...for 12 guys it comes out to about $200+ per person, it's ridiculous...
JIMMY34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 09:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
hb2
Mod'ing aint Easy

Name: Jay

Just 1. Utrip unlimited. Boom.
hb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 09:38 PM   #6 (permalink)

Name: Duane

That's double what we pay in Des Moines. Ours is $390 for what's billed as a 14 game season. They've added a tournament type format at the end which gives us a minimum of 15 games, but if we get rained out through the summer, the 1st one is not made up. They used to add a $10 non-resident fee, but gave that up when they opened the Greater Des Moines Softball Complex which lies well outside the normal DM city limits. Kinda bogus anyway as they went by zip code. My house is a Des Moines address and zip, but is outside the city limits by 1/2 mile. Actually a lot of that zip code is outside the city limits. It was largely an honor system anyway.

I'll be playing for 2 men's teams on Sundays. 1 of them may play in an additional league through the week as well. Plus co-ed on Thursdays in the church league I oversee, and filling in on Tuesdays and Thursdays in the co-ed league. The one men's team might get in some tournaments, too. And I was approached about possibly playing on a senior team playing doubleheaders on Wednesdays, but I doubt that will fit my schedule, not fulltime anyway.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:52 PM   #7 (permalink)

Originally Posted by defos View Post
That's double what we pay in Des Moines. Ours is $390 for what's billed as a 14 game season.

Man, that is sweet. We only dream of playinig for that cheap. That's less than the 6 game winter season I'm in right now.

For my entire 2014, it's like this: Fill in on Sundays mens team for spring summer. Mondays mens, all four seasons. Tuesdays company team spring summer. Main coed Weds, spring summer. 6 game coed spring on Fridays. 10 game summer coed on Fridays. Fall coed on Tuesdays. Possible Thursday team in spring with overflow of guys I have. Not including the last one, for 2014 I should be playing roughly 100 league games (also not including playoffs which will be a lot more as well as pickup and practice games).
Old 12-10-2013, 12:35 AM   #8 (permalink)

Name: Daniel

good lord lol. I'm not playing league anymore. Haven't for the past couple of years. Wife hates softball but I should be able to put about 2-3 tourneys a month so it works itself out.
Email with questions [email protected]
Dgambill85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 06:02 AM   #9 (permalink)

Name: Phillip

Delete this please

Last edited by Snowblind; 12-11-2013 at 06:07 AM.
Snowblind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 06:03 AM   #10 (permalink)

Name: Phillip

Tue/wed/thur sum/fall + league tourney. start/end of season tourney and christopher columbus total about 80 games. Teams are getting old and slowing down so not sure if will get this many in this year

Avg cost per year to me about $100 sponsors pick up almost all of it.

Thank You

The Tastiest Burgers in Columbus, Ohio | The Thurman Cafe
Snowblind is offline   Reply With Quote