General Slowpitch Softball Forum Discuss slowpitch topics that don't fit in to other categories here!

Seeds

This is a discussion on Seeds within the General Slowpitch Softball Forum forums, part of the Softball Forums category!
Originally Posted by Seeds Captain Strength = bat speed if used correctly. Strength can = exit speed, but I don't ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2007, 09:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Star Player

Default My david K quip of the week...

Originally Posted by Seeds Captain
Strength = bat speed if used correctly.
Strength can = exit speed, but I don't see how it could ever = bat speed.

Jay Dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 09:37 PM   #2 (permalink)

You want a piece of me Typer...joke. What's up bro.

If your fundamentals are right, the more strength you have the faster you can swing the bat through the zone. Some people have such strong fundamentals that they can hit for power without as much strength. Am I wrong?
Seeds Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 09:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
1st Place Bruins

You want a piece of me Typer...joke. What's up bro.

If your fundamentals are right, the more strength you have the faster you can swing the bat through the zone. Some people have such strong fundamentals that they can hit for power without as much strength. Am I wrong?
I wish I had strength.

Maybe I could hit it out of the infield with my "shaved" bat.
DaveTBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 09:41 PM   #4 (permalink)

Alright Dave, I stuck up for you so bring the regular bat next time
Old 07-31-2007, 09:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
1st Place Bruins

Alright Dave, I stuck up for you so bring the regular bat next time
haha

I was shocked when you told me at Torrington that people thought my bat was shaved. Even more so that Cuse thinks one of our bats is too.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
Leading Off

Cuse I am flattered that our bats are being questioned. This means we have finally put a team together that is a contender. We have made some additions to our team and since we have been playing pretty well. I pitch and I am hugely against juiced bats. I will not have a player on my team that uses a juiced bat. In that Torrington tourney the bat mostly used was Dave's bat, the green Synergy Stealth. That bat has the most pop out of all of our bats and I know Dave and I'm 100% sure that bat is not juiced. Anyone questioning, feel free to take a swing or send it away to be tested. When it comes back legit, all I ask for is an apology. I have no problem with people questioning us having a juiced bat but I'm telling you now that we don't. We have some strong dudes on the team. Strength = bat speed if used correctly.

You misread what I wrote I said a FEW guys swung a questionable bat and your not one of them but the 2 guys that bat 3 and 4 had no right hitting the ball that far with the swings they put on the ball. BTW you do a very good job pitching, how long have you pitched USSSA. I wont apologize because all I said is that it was questionable and heard that some teams were complaing the week before
Old 07-31-2007, 09:50 PM   #7 (permalink)

I don't blame people for the accuations. We hit well that game. Your bat has alot of pop but its totally broken in. Over half our team can hit homeruns some just hit them a little farther than others. Tommy hit an absolute bomb that's when the bat was in question to begin with. Gags and Hickey were hitting the shit out of the ball to and so weren't some other guys but they always do. I would have accused to probably.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:51 PM   #8 (permalink)
1st Place Bruins

Originally Posted by cuse6189
You misread what I wrote I said a FEW guys swung a questionable bat and your not one of them but the 2 guys that bat 3 and 4 had no right hitting the ball that far with the swings they put on the ball. BTW you do a very good job pitching, how long have you pitched USSSA. I wont apologize because all I said is that it was questionable and heard that some teams were complaing the week before
If it is my bat, then over half the team were swinging it. I just think they are all stronger and bigger than me. That's why they hit the ball a lot further than me.

Brian is a great pitcher. Just needs to work on the behind the back pitch we've been trying to incorporate into his repertoire. I'll bring my cup with me next time and relief you too B.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:53 PM   #9 (permalink)
SFZ Legend

Name: sparky

Originally Posted by DaveTBH
If it is my bat, then over half the team were swinging it. I just think they are all stronger and bigger than me. That's why they hit the ball a lot further than me.

Brian is a great pitcher. Just needs to work on the behind the back pitch we've been trying to incorporate into his repertoire.

we already drank the two cases we got from his between the legs pitch...NICE!!!

"it's all about ME!!!"
sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 09:55 PM   #10 (permalink)

No bro, I'm not asking for an apology from you, just anyone that decides to send our bat out for testing. Our 3 and 4 hitters were using Dave's bat the whole time, honestly. I play against them in Glastonbury and they always hit the shit out of the ball. I'm not offending by you questioning the bats at all. As I said before I probably would to. Thanks for the pitching compliment. This is our first tournament team so its my first year pitching this way. I like it but it is scary some times when you got a dude 6'7" running through the box aiming for you. This is why I hate juiced bats