General Slowpitch Softball Forum Discuss slowpitch topics that don't fit in to other categories here!

A sad day in Wappingers Falls.......

This is a discussion on A sad day in Wappingers Falls....... within the General Slowpitch Softball Forum forums, part of the Softball Forums category!
Well the inevitable has happened. Today during a double header in a Sunday beer league type league, I picked up ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2007, 06:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
SFZ Addict

Name: Devin
Default A sad day in Wappingers Falls.......

Well the inevitable has happened. Today during a double header in a Sunday beer league type league, I picked up the other team's Synergy-2, and saw the end cap rotated 90 degrees from where it should be. After I called them on it of course nobody "knew what a juiced bat was." After game one I took the bat owner aside since he asked why I was questioning his stick and I simply showed him the endcap on MY Synergy-2 that was exactly as it was when I bought it NIW. The response was: "I'm telling you this bat isn't juiced, but if you pick out the the right one, I'll admit to it." So basically right there was the admission. So if the S2 wasn't juiced, either their Extended or Flex WAS. I never bothered to check those endcaps. Way to go using a shaved bat guys, oh and bringing the ringers from Corner Stone and Smith Barney. I wouldn't have been so mad if our 60year old pitcher with the knee brace didn't have to field 10+ balls up the gut.

In My Bag
The Crimedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 07:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
Red Shirt Freshman

Name: Max

I hear you doggie...for years, my local leagues were a sanctuary away from the nagging doubts of shaved bats. Facing painted ultras in the Mt. Pleasant fall league depressed me for exactly that reason. That's also why I keep the Syns, Mayhems, etc out of the Harrison league. My condolences.
Old 06-10-2007, 08:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
On The Team

Name: Billy

You wouldn't get that in Harrison its the same people and same teams for years and the people there been swinging the same bats for years, Doggie this team wouldn't be out of Cold Spring would they.
jackpot13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 08:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
Red Shirt Freshman

Not true. The Mamaroneck out of town team is all new and I heard one of their guys had a shaved JH Mayhem break on them recently. Ernie is always bringing new out of towners too. Plus there are players here and there who have access to aftermarket tech.
Old 06-10-2007, 08:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
SFZ Addict

Originally Posted by jackpot13
You wouldn't get that in Harrison its the same people and same teams for years and the people there been swinging the same bats for years, Doggie this team wouldn't be out of Cold Spring would they.
Not 100% sure, name is Poughkeepsie Nissan. So I doubt it. I went to high school (Beacon High) with most of the guys of the team. Most of them are all former high school stars, guys who hit the bell well enough as it is. But like you said, a lot of the teams here have been in for years, and these guys are no excetpion. Allthough they used to swing a lot of Freaks and a Freak98 for the last couple years. I used to suspect something was up with one of em, but since I had ZERO proof, I kept my trap shut.

In My Bag
Old 06-10-2007, 08:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
Star Player

Name: Ken

Why the fuck do you need to shave a JH Mayhem?? That bat is insane as it is. That is just ridiculous.
KennyH123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 08:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
Red Shirt Freshman

But of course. I was told by some guys on this board that UTrip bats have never before been shaved in the history of cheating. I didn't believe it then either.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
Leading Off

Originally Posted by Max Johnson
But of course. I was told by some guys on this board that UTrip bats have never before been shaved in the history of cheating. I didn't believe it then either.

wrong wrong wrong
Old 06-10-2007, 10:21 PM   #9 (permalink)
SFZ Addict

Originally Posted by Max Johnson

I've got some beachfront property in Florida for sale..........

In My Bag
Old 06-10-2007, 10:44 PM   #10 (permalink)
Red Shirt Freshman

Well you guys know those brothers as well as I do.