General Slowpitch Softball Forum Discuss slowpitch topics that don't fit in to other categories here!

Revised ABA COED Diamond Cup Bracket up...

This is a discussion on Revised ABA COED Diamond Cup Bracket up... within the General Slowpitch Softball Forum forums, part of the Softball Forums category!
The Review Of The Evil Prototype Bat beaverjc The Review Of The Evil Prototype Bat ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Date: Saturday, June 18th ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2005, 06:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Max Johnson

Default Review of Prototype Evil Bat by BeaverJC

The Review Of The Evil Prototype Bat beaverjc
The Review Of The Evil Prototype Bat
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Saturday, June 18th
Park: Faxon Park, Quincy MA.
Temperature: sun and clouds 70, swirling winds
Time: 1:30-5:00
Mission: Test the Prototype Evil Sports Bat and show off skillz

Background: Lets just say this is the part of the movie where Good meets Evil. Where Darth Vader meets Luke....Buggs and I go way back to the Mohr Board - where our constant fights should have been on pay per view. I unrelentlessly hammered bat juicing and he was my punching bag and rightfully so, being the #1 bat doctor in the country. Some say I single handily got Buggs banned from the Mohr board. The Mohr board at the time was the most popular softball board on the internet and was a huge advertising vehicle for Buggs and his juicing. So after Buggs got banned from Mohr, he started his own Juiced bat board, which on occasion I visited just to poke fun of him and to pester his ass about being a cheater. I eventually got banned from his board.
Buggs eventually came to his senses (not sure if it was the the threat of lawsuits or all the crap I have been saying for three years finally got thru) and decided to use his extensive bat knowledge in a LEGAL way and started Evil Sports. So as a good will gesture (or to assisinate me), Buggs offered to drive up here with Trumpball (Kevin) and let me and some buddies try out the prototype Evil bat. Thats the entire story. So before anyone says I am ballwashing or a Buggs *****,etc. Do your research. There is not one person on the internet that has hammered Bobby Buggs more than me...not one (Py and some others are close). So what you are getting here is an honest review not some bat rep crap. I didnt get compensation for this review (I did eat 2 evil protein cookies to eat because I was starving..they are quite tasty).

REVIEW TIME:
Let me start by saying that Buggs and Trumpball (Kevin) are real cool guys and know softball...that part cant be debated. We hit a variety of Trump balls mostly .44 and .47 cores 375's with a few Evil Balls thrown, a few Sb-12's and some prototype balls. The bat I tested was a 30oz prototype and I really liked the semi-endloaded feel. I hit about 40 balls and I would guess and didnt get one that gave me any vibration or non-solid feel. I am a top spin line drive hitter and thats what the bat gave me. Hard ass line drives. I did hit a few HR's that we didnt measure. Tons of balls left the park. Even Buggs coming off a back surgery hit a bomb. I didnt get the feeling there was a defined sweet spot like on PST's but rather a solid barrel that had plenty of hitting area. The 70 grit sandpaper bat tape that they had on the bat literally chewed the skin of my hand and gave me a blister/hole the size of an asteroid. We had a variety of hitters hit that bat - some power type guys, some line drive hitters and everyone liked the feel but most felt it was too heavy being 30 ounces. I am not going to go crazy about giving it rating because its just a prototype and surely not the fianl bat but this bat has serious potential. One guy did hit a few off the taper and it caused a small piece to rattle inside but it didnt effect performance and frankly that is precisely why you do bat test like this to see durability and what materials work together well. Once the little things get ironed out - this bat has serious potential. I have done bat reviews for some major sport outfits for a few years so I think I can accurately gauge its performance and this bat kept up with the big boys in the bat industry and with some minor refinement would be a bat that will be in high demand. We all know post - Ultra that no bat absolutely blows away the competition and with the strict bat standards - performance of the high end bats are all pretty close. The design, I think is what really makes this bat standout...

Bat Design: I dont want to give too much away but the bat - if all goes according to plan this bat would change the way you buy softball bats. Its customizable to the associations you play and would be an innovation to the game. i will let Buggs and Trump discuss more at their leisure.

Balls: Everyone was very impressed with the Evil balls. Most of us hit the SB-12 regularly so anything would be an improvement. But the Evil balls flew well and the new prototypes are sick. I was particulary fond of the tacky cover balls that they had there. I had never seen a Evil ball before and came away quite impressed.

Evil Cookies: I hate peanut butter but the Evil Cookie was real good. I would of liked some milk with them but I was starving and the cookie came in handy. I need food all the time and didnt bring any - I would have passed out without the cookies.

IN SUMMARY:
Being a prototype, the bat was very impressive - except for the dam hockey bat tape that ate my hands like pirahnas. The ingenious design really what impressed me - if Buggs and Kev can mesh the design and performance together they may have a bat the will revolutionize softball bats. I understand it has a long way to go but I was impressed. I appreciate Buggs and Trumpball for trekking out and allowing us to test the bat...we all enjoyed hitting the Evil balls and we look forward to seeing the Evil Bat.

In closing, I am and never will be anyones ball washer... I respect Buggs for finally getting his ass on the right path and Trumpball knows his @#%$ - how many other ball companies come on here and respond to inquiries? Trump..and as long as Trump and Evil work together on making balls they are going to put out some seriously good stuff...I am just a guy that likes softball and provides my honest opinion...I honestly think that the Evil Sports/Trump are going to be a major player in the next few years and I look forward to getting the Evil Bat in its final form.

Fire away.

www.softballfans.com/foru...hp?t=79204

Buggs then Beav then Trumpie from left to right

Old 10-13-2008, 01:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
The Coed Connoisseur

Name: Tim
Default Revised ABA COED Diamond Cup Bracket up...

Congratulations to Impact Coed... LOL nuff said...

Every game is at Cedar Creek, and for some reason, the winners bracket is being played on the hill field... maybe they should switch it? If I was in it, I would ask them to..
Teams in Diamond Cup:

PS 63 Q (Weeknight Western Nassau Champs)
Wrecking Crew (Sunday Nassau Afternoon Recreation Champs)
Sliders (Sunday Morning Competitive Suffolk Champs)
Juggernauts (Saturday Night Jones Beach Champions)
Impact Coed (One-Pitch Champions, Mens "D" Weeknight 6pm Nassau Champs)

Game 1: 9am - Cedar Creek A - PS 63 Q vs Wrecking Crew
Game 2: 9am - Cedar Creek B - Sliders vs Juggernauts
Game 3: 10:30am - Cedar Creek B: Impact Coed vs Winner of Game 1
Game 4: 10:30am - Cedar Creek A: Loser of Game 1 vs Loser of Game 2
Game 5: 12pm - Cedar Creek B: Winner of Game 2 vs Winner of Game 3
Game 6: 12pm - Cedar Creek A: Winner of Game 4 vs Loser of Game 3
Game 7: 1:30pm - Cedar Creek A: Winner of Game 6 vs Loser of Game 5
Game 8: 3pm - Cedar Creek B: Winner of Game 5 vs Winner of Game 7
Game 9: 4:30pm - if necessary

My GTG List: BPierce208, Singh, BS25

Originally Posted by Joanie20 View Post
you're a stud timmy.
Big Daddy 52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 10:55 PM   #3 (permalink)

Grrr... I wish we were playing in this. I'm so upset.
3rdbasehunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 02:11 AM   #4 (permalink)
Star Player

Name: jimmy

Originally Posted by 3rdbasehunny View Post
Grrr... I wish we were playing in this. I'm so upset.
Me too...pissed...((

JIMMY34
JIMMY34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 02:15 AM   #5 (permalink)
Star Player

Name: Joan

i would have missed it.. so i'm not too upset lol
Joanie20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 07:42 PM   #6 (permalink)

Name: Bobby

what's the date of this co-ed diamond cup? anyone around for a lil booze and heckle??
bigguy2215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 07:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

Name: Tom

Originally Posted by bigguy2215 View Post
what's the date of this co-ed diamond cup? anyone around for a lil booze and heckle??
tomorrow
Tom29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 07:48 PM   #8 (permalink)

Name: Bobby

y thank u mr. tom
bigguy2215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 08:10 PM   #9 (permalink)
The Coed Connoisseur

Name: Tim

Congrats Impact Coed on another Diamond Cup!!
What were the scores?? Gimme gimme!!! Let me smile for once lol

My GTG List: BPierce208, Singh, BS25

Originally Posted by Joanie20 View Post
you're a stud timmy.
Big Daddy 52 is offline   Reply With Quote