General Slowpitch Softball Forum Discuss slowpitch topics that don't fit in to other categories here!

To resupply or not this is the question..

This is a discussion on To resupply or not this is the question.. within the General Slowpitch Softball Forum forums, part of the Softball Forums category!

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By oppo
  • 2 Post By Fuzz
  • 1 Post By creative10
  • 2 Post By chrometip78

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2013, 07:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
On The Team

Name: CB
Default To resupply or not this is the question..

Need an opinion.

If you keep losing balls by hitting them out. Whether it be practice/game etc (woods, pond, building over lf/lc). Should you be responsible for resupplying the ones that were lost or should the team split? Not bragging just seeing if Iím in the wrong or right.

Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
Star Player

Name: Me

As far as games go, it has always been my opinion that balls are a team expense. Why penalize production? Those balls scored runs for the team, not just the person that hit them over.

As for bp, it depends but I generally consider that a team expense as well. If, however, someone is intentionally or needlessy losing them, that player would then bare the responsibility of replacing them. If it just a result of hitting the ball hard, that is just part of recruiting power.

" Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest"
-Mahatma Ghandi
oppo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 12:27 PM   #3 (permalink)

Name: Fred

Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Need an opinion.

If you keep losing balls by hitting them out. Whether it be practice/game etc (woods, pond, building over lf/lc). Should you be responsible for resupplying the ones that were lost or should the team split? Not bragging just seeing if Iím in the wrong or right.
I would say that for games it is a team game so split the cost. For practice either get some mush softballs or supply your own.
PST CLUB MEMBER #1

28.5 oz Ligit ASA HD52 Jeff Hall Reload
28 oz PST98 (BP Bat)(Actual weight 29.2 oz)(BP 22 1/4")
28 oz Worth WS23 (Actual Weight 29.8 oz)
28 oz Worth Black EST (BP 20 3/4") (Actual weight 28.8oz/BP 20 3/8")
27 oz Combat Virus Morphed (Actual wight 27.4 oz)
marlsrsoftball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 12:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Star Player

Name: Me

Speaking of mush balls, get some Easton incrediballs and hitting them out will not be a problem. They are also a decent training tool because they are very unforgiving of not hitting the center of the ball.
hb2 and defos like this.

" Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest"
-Mahatma Ghandi
oppo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 03:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
On The Team

Name: CB

Originally Posted by oppo View Post
As far as games go, it has always been my opinion that balls are a team expense. Why penalize production? Those balls scored runs for the team, not just the person that hit them over.

As for bp, it depends but I generally consider that a team expense as well. If, however, someone is intentionally or needlessy losing them, that player would then bare the responsibility of replacing them. If it just a result of hitting the ball hard, that is just part of recruiting power.
This is the way I was thinking as well. I couldnít understand how I was on the hook for 12 balls for just doing what Iím supposed to do.

Maybe I should start charging for bat usage.
oppo and defos like this.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 04:16 PM   #6 (permalink)

Name: Duane

Or pay a kid to retrieve them for you. Way back when I was a teenager, the Babe Ruth league would pay 5-10 cents for every foul ball returned to the concession stand. Kids would really go scrambling after them. One of my jr/sr high classmates brought back more than everybody else combined. He got so he could clear the 4 ft fence between the parking area and the ditch by the highway without touching it.

My kids hit Incrediballs in their homeschool softball league. They will go a long ways IF you hit them in the center. But like oppo said, they're very unforgiving if you don't hit them square.

It kinda depends on the area around the field too. There's a city field in this area that has trees and undergrowth just outside the fence on 2 sides. Anything hit over the fence for a HR, or foul over the fence down the lf line is just gone. Inside the fence, it's possibly the nicest field I've ever played on. The field at our church has soybeans or corn close down both lines, so we get foul balls hit in there fairly often, but we usually track them down. Still I wouldn't make the hitter pay for the lost balls, unless he was losing a lot of them.
Old 10-11-2013, 12:05 AM   #7 (permalink)
OG SFZ Member

Name: Colby

mix in some linedrives...that should help the problem
hb2 likes this.

Premier/Easton #10
creative10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:50 AM   #8 (permalink)
On The Team

Name: Ken

Scores a run = Team expense
DBO = Replace the ball or take a walk and go get it.
Practice = Replace the ball or take a walk and go get it.
defos and ser7643 like this.

34/30 Club

Repping gloves in NorCal
chrometip78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
hb2
Mod'ing aint Easy

Name: Jay

we usually restock at the end of season. nobody ever goes into the woods on the one fields we play on. Crazy ass hunters + thick brush + a known rumor of a black bear (which has never been seen but funny none the less) + prickers everywhere = around 50 balls a piece for the 4/5 guys who go out there.
hb2 is offline   Reply With Quote