General Slowpitch Softball Forum Discuss slowpitch topics that don't fit in to other categories here!

Recommendations for new glove? Please help!

This is a discussion on Recommendations for new glove? Please help! within the General Slowpitch Softball Forum forums, part of the Softball Forums category!
I am looking to purchase a new glove for my brother. We play in a slow-pitch softball league in FL. ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By defos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2016, 03:48 AM   #1 (permalink)

Name: Kenneth
Default Recommendations for new glove? Please help!

I am looking to purchase a new glove for my brother. We play in a slow-pitch softball league in FL. He mostly plays SS, 3B at times. He is not interested in anything larger than 12.25". He feels as if 12.5" would be too large. Price is not a factor. He wants a Wilson, Rawlings, or Vinci. Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Flash

Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 06:29 PM   #2 (permalink)

Any recommendations?

Flash
Old 07-24-2016, 01:17 AM   #3 (permalink)

Name: Justin

Vinci. Love mine.
elbman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 10:10 AM   #4 (permalink)

Originally Posted by elbman View Post
Vinci. Love mine.
Which model do you own?

Flash
Old 07-24-2016, 03:30 PM   #5 (permalink)

Name: Justin

I play mostly outfield and have a BR-46 my DD plays 3b with an AB-M fastpitch glove.
elbman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 03:05 PM   #6 (permalink)

Name: Duane

I played ss for many years, and I've always thought 12.5" is the perfect size for softball. I used a Rawlings RBG36 for years until it disappeared one night. Then I eventually settled on a Rawlings Gold Glove GGP502-11C. Of course these are old models, but good ones, even new ones, are available on e-bay. The 502 was available in several series, from the Highlight Series, Gold Glove, and Heart of the Hide. The made in USA Heart of the Hide PRO502 is a little smaller than the Philippines made gloves, and is really 12.25". They're difficult to find though.

I play 3rd now, and am using a 12.75 Rawlings ProPreferred PROS27TFPP, but only because I got a great deal on it. $98 shipped, and it wasn't even broken in yet. Absolutely love it!

If you're patient and diligent, you can get a slightly used ProPreferred for well under $150 on e-bay. If you're looking to buy new, Dick's often has the $150 Gold Glove Elite series for $100 or less. They're pretty good gloves.
AVALANCHE#50 likes this.
Old 02-08-2017, 05:44 AM   #7 (permalink)

Name: monty

I bought Wilson A2000 Series Baseball Glove . This is a fine open webbed . It is a great choice if you or the person you are buying it for plays third base or any of the outfield positions. This is made of good looking leather that will help it hold up to the rigors of playing for a long period of time.

All Wilson feature extensive design time that goes into them to help make them ready for use as soon as possible. This is also features wrist lining that will help transfer moisture away from your hand so it stays dry as you play the game.
I had Nokona X2 Elite Series before and also this is a great product
montyjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 10:58 AM   #8 (permalink)

Name: Lucas

If I were you, I would buy the Vinci.
lucasvo5 is offline   Reply With Quote