General Slowpitch Softball Forum Discuss slowpitch topics that don't fit in to other categories here!

RAC's B Player(s)

This is a discussion on RAC's B Player(s) within the General Slowpitch Softball Forum forums, part of the Softball Forums category!
I wonder how OneSource/Scene/Lotierzo 's (Class B) feels about losing one of their B players to RAC 's frozen Class ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2007, 02:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
Red Shirt Freshman

Name: Max
Default RAC's B Player(s)

I wonder how OneSource/Scene/Lotierzo's (Class B) feels about losing one of their B players to RAC's frozen Class D NIT roster?

Look onto RACs show current roster and look for Jay Alaimo the guy that was the MVP on Sun. Then look on the B team One Source/Scene/Lotierzos and look at show current and you will see Jason Alaimo. Apparently they are a little less formal on RAC...they prefer 'Jay' to the much too formal 'Jason'. From what I heard, he made about 2 outs all weekend.

Mike Grosodonia = Class B (Laservision) last year and Class D (RAC) this year
Jason Alaimo = Class B (The Scene) this year and Class D (RAC) this week

Mandatory Bump Ups from RAC 2006:
Fausto Ramirez
Stephen Kuss
Justin Richardson
Steve Smith
Jaime Kuss

The last two names are left off of their show current roster (for now) so they only have 2 B --> D players (illegal under all circumstances) and 3 C--> D players. Is that correct? I don't know the Utrip rules that well. Can somebody tell me if this is legal?

If I'm wrong then I apologize but this is what a little birdie told me.

Old 06-12-2007, 02:40 AM   #2 (permalink)
Red Shirt Freshman

Otherwise known as:

why does illegal roster allegations follw all Ferra's Teams?
IP: 68.61.50.33
Posted on 6/11/2007 at 07:48:27 PM by junior

2004 TJ Ferra's sandbags way to D world title with a bunch of C Players.

2005 Diamond Quest or DQ. Kicked out of C Worlds with a roster filled with B & A players.

2006 RAC. D move up team to scared to play C. Break up for the 2007 season.

2007 RAC/Novell
- Mike Grosodonia - B classification
- Fausto Ramirez - D to C move up
- Stephen Kuss - D to C move up
- Justin Richardson-D to C move up
That is 1 player over the limit to play D. Also, Dan Corrigan was on Creatives roster when they won a tournament making him part of their frozen roster and a player released from a frozed roster can't move down or play on a team with a frozen roster.

Cornerstone/Ferra's
- Travis Bell - C to B move up player
- Ray Thornton - C to B move up player
- Randy Tuper - C to B move up player
- Brian McKenzie - C to B move up player
- Mike Zaino - D to C move up player
That is 2 players over the limit to play class D in 2007. By the way in MI if a C to B move up player plays D he counts as 2 moves. So it is alot harder for upper level players to sandbag in MI just thought you would like to know.

Good Luck cheaters and see you at Bat Wars.
Old 06-12-2007, 02:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
On The Team

Default Wow

That sucks they where our only 2 losses on Sat. Can we get re-due games or something?
Gorillas #32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 03:23 AM   #4 (permalink)
SFZ Legend

Name: sparky
Default no...

Originally Posted by Gorillas #32
That sucks they where our only 2 losses on Sat. Can we get re-due games or something?

i would have appealed their roster at that time though... are you guys "finding " sandbaggers...lol

"it's all about ME!!!"
sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 12:09 PM   #5 (permalink)

Max - Jay Alaimo can play D because last year he played D for the whole year. So far One Source hasn't done well in USSSA so he is allowed to move down and is still considered a D player. The problems they have is with the guy Mike, Fausto,Jaimie, and now Pup. That makes four move ups. Sort of sucks for Puppy because he was just helping out that weekend on Long Island. Sure hope he doesn't have to sit home come the worlds.
mrsoftball013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 04:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
On The Team

Originally Posted by mrsoftball013
Max - Jay Alaimo can play D because last year he played D for the whole year. So far One Source hasn't done well in USSSA so he is allowed to move down and is still considered a D player. The problems they have is with the guy Mike, Fausto,Jaimie, and now Pup. That makes four move ups. Sort of sucks for Puppy because he was just helping out that weekend on Long Island. Sure hope he doesn't have to sit home come the worlds.

But why would you if you can play on a B team?
Gorillas #32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 05:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
Leading Off

Originally Posted by Max Johnson
I wonder how OneSource/Scene/Lotierzo's (Class B) feels about losing one of their B players to RAC's frozen Class D NIT roster?

Look onto RACs show current roster and look for Jay Alaimo the guy that was the MVP on Sun. Then look on the B team One Source/Scene/Lotierzos and look at show current and you will see Jason Alaimo. Apparently they are a little less formal on RAC...they prefer 'Jay' to the much too formal 'Jason'. From what I heard, he made about 2 outs all weekend.

Mike Grosodonia = Class B (Laservision) last year and Class D (RAC) this year
Jason Alaimo = Class B (The Scene) this year and Class D (RAC) this week

Mandatory Bump Ups from RAC 2006:
Fausto Ramirez
Stephen Kuss
Justin Richardson
Steve Smith
Jaime Kuss

The last two names are left off of their show current roster (for now) so they only have 2 B --> D players (illegal under all circumstances) and 3 C--> D players. Is that correct? I don't know the Utrip rules that well. Can somebody tell me if this is legal?

If I'm wrong then I apologize but this is what a little birdie told me.
Jay could be released and play. The issue is Puppy. He qaulified on a C roster and cannot move down.
As for the guys who were on Laservision you should not be able drop 2 classes.not to be a dick but lets not forget about Gary Fontana who qualified with the Stallions also this year.

This sucks because we were forced to play B because we stuck together and than you have things like this happen. Makes NY especially look bad.
Next thing you know Stallions will be reclassed to D!!!!
Milo33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 05:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

Name: Al

Milo,

There is no issue, Cause the directors wont do shit...
Puco24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 08:13 PM   #9 (permalink)
Red Shirt Freshman

Gary might have quit before they qualified.

This seems like simple math. You can debate whether this team or that team belongs here or there and there are a lot of teams that could fall under that but why make a rule that involves specific things like numbers and then totally ignore it???
Old 06-12-2007, 10:00 PM   #10 (permalink)
Leading Off

Originally Posted by Max Johnson
Gary might have quit before they qualified.

This seems like simple math. You can debate whether this team or that team belongs here or there and there are a lot of teams that could fall under that but why make a rule that involves specific things like numbers and then totally ignore it???

I agree. Garywas on that team that won the Metro opener but who cares.

The only regard U-trip holds is if you are an auto bump which they clearly are but still they get past it.

It will suck though when someone like this Junior protests their roster when they are 4-0 in Michigan and they have to go home with their tail between their legs.

And Al you can't say that because this issue came up 2 years ago and Diamond Quest was sent home in the Winners bracket final.
Milo33 is offline   Reply With Quote