General Slowpitch Softball Forum Discuss slowpitch topics that don't fit in to other categories here!

Question for you....

This is a discussion on Question for you.... within the General Slowpitch Softball Forum forums, part of the Softball Forums category!
I posted this on a couple of other boards..Now I guess I wanna vent and get people's opinions. Last week ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2009, 12:48 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Question for you....

I posted this on a couple of other boards..Now I guess I wanna vent and get people's opinions. Last week I emailed and called all the guys that wanna play tourney's this year. I let them all know that I am able to purchase a few Sony 40"+ LCD Televisions at a crazy ass discount. I wanted a commitment from them that they can sell 25 tickets at 10-20 bucks a piece(I haven't decided on a price yet)....I haven't received a response from any of them....How would you go about it with these guys...I know it's early (January) but I want to put uniform orders in ASAP and try to book cheap rooms for Disney and shit like that...I am pissed that no one has responded yet....I am over reacting?? Let me know what you think...

Spastic Monkey 25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 12:53 AM   #2 (permalink)
Star Player

Name: Jeff

Originally Posted by Spastic Monkey 25
I posted this on a couple of other boards..Now I guess I wanna vent and get people's opinions. Last week I emailed and called all the guys that wanna play tourney's this year. I let them all know that I am able to purchase a few Sony 40"+ LCD Televisions at a crazy ass discount. I wanted a commitment from them that they can sell 25 tickets at 10-20 bucks a piece(I haven't decided on a price yet)....I haven't received a response from any of them....How would you go about it with these guys...I know it's early (January) but I want to put uniform orders in ASAP and try to book cheap rooms for Disney and shit like that...I am pissed that no one has responded yet....I am over reacting?? Let me know what you think...

I could use a tv as described - I'll even buy the 1st uni

oh and it's a great idea in theory , but there will always be guys who do nothing for the team but play ..my experience is that 4 guys will sell 25, the rest will say they tried
jeff Mets Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 01:24 AM   #3 (permalink)
On The Team

Name: Steve

Originally Posted by Spastic Monkey 25
I think its a great idea! We run a TV raffle every year just before Christmas. What we do is give each guy 200 $1 tix and they have to sell or buy them. We make about $2,000. Some guys give you a hard time, some don't. Also, some guys get weeded out if they don't contribute. All in all, it makes the team some money!
Country22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 01:22 PM   #4 (permalink)

thats a great idea.... the guys who dont sell tickets need to buy them... sounds easy enough...
Old 01-03-2009, 01:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
Red Shirt Freshman

Name: Max

It's a nice idea but it's just unrealistic to expect grown adults to take care of their own costs and responsibilities or to even be courteous enough to reply to the guy doing all the work. Just doesn't work that way.
Max Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 02:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
On The Team

Name: Steve

Max, you'd be surprised. All but 3 players that were on the team at that time, either sold or bought their tickets. And those 3 showed their true commitment, and are gone. I sold 192 tickets and bought the remaining 8, whats the big deal? If you are on a team that doesnt have a lot of sponsor money, you do what you have to to raise that money!!!
Country22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 03:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
Star Player

And the key is to make them 1 or 2$ tickets. They sell a lot faster......

Jay Dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 06:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
Red Shirt Freshman

Originally Posted by Country22
Max, you'd be surprised. All but 3 players that were on the team at that time, either sold or bought their tickets. And those 3 showed their true commitment, and are gone. I sold 192 tickets and bought the remaining 8, whats the big deal? If you are on a team that doesnt have a lot of sponsor money, you do what you have to to raise that money!!!
I understand the concept and would have no problem doing it myself but just know how many other guys out there would have trouble lifting any sort of finger to help their team out off the field.
Old 01-03-2009, 06:24 PM   #9 (permalink)
Star Player

Originally Posted by Max Johnson
I understand the concept and would have no problem doing it myself but just know how many other guys out there would have trouble lifting any sort of finger to help their team out off the field.
Its simple if you don't, dont expect a roster spot

Jay Dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 06:29 PM   #10 (permalink)
Red Shirt Freshman

Originally Posted by Jay Dub
Its simple if you don't, dont expect a roster spot
That's a wonderful utopian society you live in.