General Slowpitch Softball Forum Discuss slowpitch topics that don't fit in to other categories here!

Pussy Bats

This is a discussion on Pussy Bats within the General Slowpitch Softball Forum forums, part of the Softball Forums category!
I Am So Sick Of Hearing About Shaved Bats. Can Someone Please Tell Me Why Nobody Has The Balls To ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2007, 08:29 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Pussy Bats

I Am So Sick Of Hearing About Shaved Bats. Can Someone Please Tell Me Why Nobody Has The Balls To Call A Player Out For Useing A Shaved Bat During The Game. I Know For A Fact That Nobody On My Team Is Useing A Shaved Bat. If I Had A Idea That Another Team Was Useing One I Would Call Them Out After The First Swing. It Sounds To Me Its A Mass Or Conn Thing.

104/rac#34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 08:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Star Player

Name: Jeff

it's an everywhere thing and as far as calling it out, my thought is most likely the hotheads will freak, start protesting every bat and it will fester until there is a fight or forfeit or some other altercation

and I still dont think bats are the reason teams win or lose softball
jeff Mets Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 08:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Leading Off

Originally Posted by jeff Mets Fan
it's an everywhere thing and as far as calling it out, my thought is most likely the hotheads will freak, start protesting every bat and it will fester until there is a fight or forfeit or some other altercation

and I still dont think bats are the reason teams win or lose softball

I agree man! I think the players with the extremely fragile egos with shaved bats are the reason that we win or lose softball games.
Big Papa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 10:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Leading Off

Originally Posted by 104/rac#34
I Am So Sick Of Hearing About Shaved Bats. Can Someone Please Tell Me Why Nobody Has The Balls To Call A Player Out For Useing A Shaved Bat During The Game. I Know For A Fact That Nobody On My Team Is Useing A Shaved Bat. If I Had A Idea That Another Team Was Useing One I Would Call Them Out After The First Swing. It Sounds To Me Its A Mass Or Conn Thing.

I think because too many people don't trust the process of protesting a bat so they don't bother, just my opinion
Old 07-31-2007, 10:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
Red Shirt Freshman

Name: Max

I was thinking about this briefly today (not sure why) and I don't officially protest bats because

a) Team might go apeshit which (aside from possibility of massive team brawl once the ****s start running lip) may lead to them using it as a rallying point and might adversely affect my team's outcome.
b) The ensuing Oscar Award caliber acting of innocence accompanied by outright indignation and ensuing rage is just not worth the drama / headache that will possibly ruin my weekend even more than simply playing against the bats have already ruined it.
c) Have no confidence in the system that allows these bats to be swung openly in the first place.
Old 07-31-2007, 10:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
Leading Off

Originally Posted by Max Johnson
I was thinking about this briefly today (not sure why) and I don't officially protest bats because

a) Team might go apeshit which (aside from possibility of massive team brawl once the ****s start running lip) may lead to them using it as a rallying point and might adversely affect my team's outcome.
b) The ensuing Oscar Award caliber acting of innocence accompanied by outright indignation and ensuing rage is just not worth the drama / headache that will possibly ruin my weekend even more than simply playing against the bats have already ruined it.
c) Have no confidence in the system that allows these bats to be swung openly in the first place.

Well said
Old 07-31-2007, 10:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
Leading Off

How about, D) All of the above
Big Papa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 12:00 AM   #8 (permalink)
On The Team

Name: Todd

I think it's because if one team calls another team's bat. Then that team is just going to call yours out. It doesn't matter if it is or isn't worked, but the team you just called out will eat that up for lunch and call all of your bats out for the rest of the game... Then a fight will ensue.
Premier/Easton #18
Hater18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 12:01 AM   #9 (permalink)
On The Team

Name: Todd

On another note. How far away do you think we are from having tournament directors supplying the bats?
Premier/Easton #18
Hater18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 01:25 AM   #10 (permalink)

Originally Posted by Hater18
On another note. How far away do you think we are from having tournament directors supplying the bats?
we are already seeing tourneys up here with no composites....