General Slowpitch Softball Forum Discuss slowpitch topics that don't fit in to other categories here!

Playing C - Ya Better Step Up!

This is a discussion on Playing C - Ya Better Step Up! within the General Slowpitch Softball Forum forums, part of the Softball Forums category!
Guys - you know I am over the top honest at times and this is another one of those times: ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2011, 07:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
On The Team

Default Playing C - Ya Better Step Up!

Guys - you know I am over the top honest at times and this is another one of those times:

Im sorry to report after playing/watching ISA C in Fla and getting our asses kicked that if you are in C, or want to play travel C (outside New England) you better step up mightily to compete with what I saw in Fla.

I know they load up down there for ISA and even Corner Stone and Check King have not faired well - but the level is not what our C Level is locally. Trust me. Now you know why Hick and Doggs and Co always trying to ramp up despite having locally strong teams.

Disgusting....

GBEN2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Star Player

Name: Jeff

Originally Posted by GBEN2
Guys - you know I am over the top honest at times and this is another one of those times:

Im sorry to report after playing/watching ISA C in Fla and getting our asses kicked that if you are in C, or want to play travel C (outside New England) you better step up mightily to compete with what I saw in Fla.

I know they load up down there for ISA and even Corner Stone and Check King have not faired well - but the level is not what our C Level is locally. Trust me. Now you know why Hick and Doggs and Co always trying to ramp up despite having locally strong teams.

Disgusting....
play your best or lose has always been National C level
jeff Mets Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
On The Team

You know damn well what I am speaking about... The 3rd team we played had 5 guys that were all world in A or B at some point and one guy, who was 6x all world in A and B. They had won 4 worlds themselves.

My only point is to say: for those who dare teams to move up they should consider this, and for those who doubt why teams stay down, they should consider this.

Half the rosters on remaining C in our area would not have started on some of the undefeated C teams I watched - not to mention those beating us. And maybe would nbot have made the team.

But I guarantee you think you would have!
Old 01-25-2011, 07:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
Star Player

Let's consider last year's C Worlds

Best Oil 3-2 17th
Magic 5-2 13th
Allstate 4-2 9th
Deluxe Bakery 5-2 5th
Pronto 2-2 25th

It looks to me that locally the C is/WAS on a C National Level...not that you would know playing D year after year
Old 01-25-2011, 07:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
Star Player

You know damn well what I am speaking about... The 3rd team we played had 5 guys that were all world in A or B at some point and one guy, who was 6x all world in A and B. They had won 4 worlds themselves.

My only point is to say: for those who dare teams to move up they should consider this, and for those who doubt why teams stay down, they should consider this.

Half the rosters on remaining C in our area would not have started on some of the undefeated C teams I watched - not to mention those beating us. And maybe would nbot have made the team.

But I guarantee you think you would have!
funny that the team that dropped 37 on you , scored 12 the next game ....

we northeasterners are at a big disadvantage during the winter playing against teams that play all year

fyi ..the team that went 3-2 in that tourney, Dave's Place , was the team we opened with at the C Worlds...just say you had fun and stop the madness
Old 01-25-2011, 07:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
On The Team

OK a little madness - but the 4 teams in C you chose to point our were led by numerous past or mandatory move-up A and B players. C teams in our area would not have faired well. And dont fair well in Winter in Fla. But it was FUN!!!!!
Old 01-25-2011, 07:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
On The Team

Originally Posted by jeff Mets Fan
funny that the team that dropped 37 on you , scored 12 the next game ....

we northeasterners are at a big disadvantage during the winter playing against teams that play all year

fyi ..the team that went 3-2 in that tourney, Dave's Place , was the team we opened with at the C Worlds...just say you had fun and stop the madness

I never said we couldnt beat these teams. I only said "you better step up!" to beat them.... They are in full season swing and you need to pitch hit and field very well to win
Old 01-25-2011, 07:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
Star Player

Benny, you went down in the middle of winter, those guys have been playing, and its a roster free for all. I wouldn't say what you saw is even a close representation of a true C National level. All those guys are just looking to play and hop on wherever they can. Stop trying to set yourself up for a reclass already
Shine 52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:47 PM   #9 (permalink)
On The Team

Default My Point in a nutshell

The 2010 Class D Usssa Champs West shore went 0-3 at these ISA C worlds.
A D Usssa world winner is better than basically almost every team in our area - yet 0-3. Funny teams like KLR and Peddler and PTC and such all beat our area C teams and we dont win Worlds in D. Yet they won D worlds and couldnt win a game. Point made. I hope point taken.

My hope is no roster ISA in Winter is not representative of Class C asa and usssa suring summer.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:48 PM   #10 (permalink)
Star Player

OK a little madness - but the 4 teams in C you chose to point our were led by numerous past or mandatory move-up A and B players. C teams in our area would not have faired well. And dont fair well in Winter in Fla. But it was FUN!!!!!
a team from Connecticut won that tourney 4 years ago.....just saying